Why become a member? ×

Discrete Power Supply/Battery

BenTunnicliffe

Hello everyone,

I have done searches for power supply advice but was finding it difficult to find anything specific for what I'm after so I thought I'd put a thread together.

I've recently mounted my pedals onto a pedaltrain Junior HC and have been until now using a 1-Spot with a splitter cable as a power supply for everything excluding a moog pedal that's in there on account of it having its own power supply.

Pedals are:

TC Polytune > MXR Bass Octave Deluxe > Boss OC-2 > EHX Deluxe Big Muff Pi > Moog MF101 Low Pass Filter > Off to my amp

I'm currently finding that I'm pushed for space in the pedals' hardcase on account of the one spot power supply being sat in there and just overall the whole setup is a bit untidy every time I get it out of the box.
It's also not the quietest setup of pedals in the world but I'm not convinced that's entirely down to the power supply.

Regardless, what I'd like some advice on is what power supply I could get that I could mount on the underside of the pedaltrain to save space that could power all four of the 9v pedals I have or even better still, one that could power the Moog as well by utilising variable voltage or something?
Ideally I'm looking for something reliable, quiet and that would fit on the underside as mentioned.

Would be great to pull out the pedaltrain and just plug it into one socket and be able to start playing!

Any thoughts?

(Pics to follow)

Cheers, B

See if the Cioks Adam or DC5 give you enough juice. They are specifically designed to be mounted on the underside of a PedalTrain. I'm just not sure whether you need to raise your PT model a little bit - they have very detailed mounting instructions on their site. I have the Adam and the Schizophrenic mounted under a PT classic-2 (bigger than your PB and doesn't need any raising) and they work great.

These power-supplies are built like tanks, and have a very intelligent overload protection mechanism where the LED corresponding to an overloaded circuit will turn dim. Probably less relevant to your situation, but some of the Cioks models (the bigger ones from the "link" range) are also designed to be chained, so this provides a relatively painless upgrade path.

Edited by ProfFrink

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1443966268' post='2879029']
Gigrig Power Generator system.

[url="http://www.thegigrig.co.uk/generator-c2x15357206"]http://www.thegigrig...tor-c2x15357206[/url]
[/quote]

gig rig generator! with one supply you'll be able to power everything, and theres an adaptor so you can power the moog aswell

andy