Why become a member? ×

NBD - 'bespoke' Bass Collection P-bass

disgrace of bass

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1444044504' post='2879675']

Just trying to be helpful by linking it, as it does exist in the U.S. standard range and as a burst/maple with white scratchplate (which is easily changed!) in the Mexican standard range too. Thought it'd be worth helping if Painy was trying to find one :-)
[/quote]

My (possibly poorly worded) post was indeed referencing the OPs initial reason for looking elsewhere than Fender for this colour combo.
Thanks for the info of course though but personally I'm strictly a 5 stringer anyway which Fender definitely don't offer as a sunburst/maple option for a P. Fortunately for me though, Squier do offer the VM P5 in it and that's why it's my next planned purchase :)

I have two Bass collections, The Lynott and da" Stick and they are superb, I have idea's a plenty to have a chat with Mr M about now then!

Great looking bass you have there, as for the logo, I really like it, as for the snobs, well in the main they don't know jack!

Nice one mate.

Edited by Lynottfan

[quote name='disgrace of bass' timestamp='1444054226' post='2879843']

My Fender American Deluxe Precision is black and maple...you are right, its a very nice colour indeed - very Roger Waters.
[/quote]

I had a Fender Deluxe in black and maple too...great bass but I prefer my old BB Yamaha's...However I have an urge for a Bass Collection to my own specs...shame they haven't got a maple neck with 21 frets...

Edited by hookys6stringbass

[quote name='disgrace of bass' timestamp='1444055044' post='2879853']
Well in all fairness the bass is mostly made in Korea, but hand assembled in the UK with custom-wound UK made pickups, so yep, its a UK rig!
[/quote]

To be fair my two Ashdown amps are assembled in China so my British collection is similar ;)

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1444668810' post='2884950']
I really would consider a Mix n Match Bass Collection. I have a a scheme in mind. Are the Bass Centre doing these for anyone that requests them now?
[/quote]

Well, I requested and Barry Moorhouse delivered, so I would ask them!

Love the avatar by the way - bit of a Patrick McGoohan fan!

Edited by disgrace of bass