Why become a member? ×

stolen

jimmybass04

went to footie match in glasgow today,got back to van and it had been tanned.
every thing gone,including my two 2x12 tech cabs.I done a gig last night and left them in van.
Im absolutely gutted,also gone, 300 watt moniter,leads, effects pedals,mic stands.
Luckily i took my amp head and guitars indoors last night.
here endeth the lesson.Dont take any chance of losing your hard earned gear......EVER.........
jimmy.......................gutted. :) :huh:

[quote name='jimmybass04' post='28876' date='Jul 8 2007, 10:09 PM']went to footie match in glasgow today,got back to van and it had been tanned.
every thing gone,including my two 2x12 tech cabs.I done a gig last night and left them in van.
Im absolutely gutted,also gone, 300 watt moniter,leads, effects pedals,mic stands.
here endeth the lesson.Dont take any chance of losing your hard earned gear......EVER.........
jimmy.......................gutted. :) :huh:[/quote]

Insurance?

[quote name='jimmybass04' post='28876' date='Jul 8 2007, 11:09 PM']went to footie match in glasgow today,got back to van and it had been tanned.

Sorry to hear this bad news - it's a salient reminder to us all.

Hamster

[quote name='jimmybass04' post='28876' date='Jul 8 2007, 11:09 PM']went to footie match in glasgow today,got back to van and it had been tanned.

Do you have model nos. or serial nos. for the kit
I'm always scouring the net for Tech stuff, so migt come across them.

Sorry to hear about your gear.
I'll keep an eye out mate.
Where was the van parked?
Andy

Edited by andy_$$

Guest Bald Eagle

I sympathize with you dude, not much help I know but could have been worse the van could have been nicked or torched or both as well and at least your'e ok if a lot pi$$ed at the moment.

Thats crap man, seriously balls, it is that kinda stunt that gives Glasgow such a bad name, that and the stabbing.
I will keep an eye out next I am in Glas, see if the appear in a pawn shop or second hand. Even worse though they may end up bodged into a ned car pumping out dance music :)

BUGGER!

Sat in work at the moment in really dodgy area of Stockport...........gear from the gig last night still in the car!!

Really sorry to hear this and will learn from your misfortune!!

Mooey

• 4 weeks later...

Now, I'm going to sound like an utter tosser here but seriously, any van that isn't empty should never be left alone - I remember reading about a band a few years back who were touring and had their van stolen at a service station; my first thought was 'WTF were they doing not leaving someone with the van?'. Cars is risky but if it's out of site then it's not an automatic 'go to' vehicle for contents thieves.

Also, forget Musicguard - they're a friggin' rip off and you'll only get shafted on the small print after they tell you over the phone that everythings fine. Just find a home insurance policy that covers high value items and who will provide 'off the premises' cover as it is likely to be one hell of a lot cheaper than Musicguard. It does mean phoning up and speaking to a few insurance providers though; I understand that M&S are supposed to be pretty good in this regard. Read every last bit of small print. Twice.

Just the lessons I learned after having c.£16k worth of gear ripped off.

^haha yeah when i'm older i'm gonna have 2 home insurance policies! I've always had that idea even b4 reading this tho, it would be a gr8 thing to tell all ur mates: "I have so many musical instruments i had to get 2 home insurance policies out :)"

It'll be 3 if i buy a grand piano aswell!

Edited by EdwardHimself