Why become a member? ×

Alternative to Pedaltrain Nano+

Stylon Pilson

The number of pedals that I own has now increased to the point that it's worth me buying a small board to put them on.

I placed an order for a Pedaltrain Nano+ with GAK, which looked perfect, but it's looking like there won't be any arriving in the country until the end of November - other suppliers are also reporting delays. I'm tempted to cancel my order and seek alternatives.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

S.P.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1444061675' post='2879964']
Will the original Pedaltrain Nano be of any use? I have a spare I could sell you! It's a little bit smaller than the Nano+ I think, but if everything will fit on to it you're welcome to have it!
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think it would be big enough. The difference is fairly significant - about 10cm, I believe.

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1444062052' post='2879968']
Joyo boards look pretty tough and are two thirds the price of a Pedaltrain.
[/quote]

As far as I can see, they're all fairly big though. I'm not looking for a huge board - just enough for 4 or 5 average-sized pedals

S.P.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1444143737' post='2880638']
I've decided to order a Warwick Rockboard Jam instead. Slightly larger than the Pedaltrain Nano+ but that gives me a little room to grow, plus I can have it by Thursday.

S.P.
[/quote]

I have this board. The Frame is very stable and you can fit up to 5 mxr sized pedals pretty easily.
The bag that comes with it is a really cheap, ugly looking bag, but it gets the job done.

[quote name='Fabo83' timestamp='1444413356' post='2883156']
I have this board. The Frame is very stable and you can fit up to 5 mxr sized pedals pretty easily.
The bag that comes with it is a really cheap, ugly looking bag, but it gets the job done.
[/quote]

Yep, my first impressions of it so far are good. It's currently holding 4 pedals with a little room to spare, but I've got plans. Here's how it looks at the moment:

I've got some EBS low profile patch cables on the way, which will give me a bit more room to play. With the purchases I'm currently considering, it might end up like this:

If not then I'll just ditch the Digitech chorus pedal, or look into replacing those two Digitech pedals with micro-sized alternatives.

S.P.