Why become a member? ×

LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2016

TheGreek

Ps BGM, great job again, but suggest any stands in the foyer outside the doors to the theatre and masterclass room are not allowed live demos whilst the "performances" are on. Don't want to hear someone doodling ad nauseum whilst trying to hear the genius that is Michael Manring (etc.).
Apart from that - great!

Finally...some of the Mass Mental/ Mark King stage show..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dj1d30GuDE[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AVi7cc8G_o[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9U2kSt5aTs

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='such' timestamp='1457714363' post='3001294']
just buying the tickets. So the "advance" ticket is £5 cheaper than on the door, but then there is a service charge of £5.96 for me having to print it myself and for them not needing to hire a person behind the counter who would do it for me. Makes sense. Not a rant against LBGS, rather against the whole ticket selling industry, it happens pretty much every time I book anything online. What is that service charge exactly? Just some extra profit that conveniently isn't displayed until later on in the buying process?

Anyways, see you guys tomorrow (and Sunday).

edit: it also asks me about my date of birth, and it's selectable from a calendar, but dates from the second half of the month are not clickable. So I lied and made myself a couple of weeks older!
[/quote]

The charge for paying online goes to our ticketing agent. If you want to avoid it you can pay over the phone - 01926 339 808 :) You also don't have to print it out if you have a smartphone you could show it on.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1458592698' post='3008970']
Finally...some of the Mass Mental/ Mark King stage show..

[/quote]

Brilliant vids, Mick. What a great show that was! I also went to Mr Trujillo's Q&A on the Sunday. The thing I really wanted to ask was how does he keep himself in such great shape? He must have amazing thigh muscles!! But I didn't dare ask in case that sounded too trivial/sexist a question.

Anyway, it kind of answered itself when he mentioned in passing that he does a lot of surfing :D What an amazing dude B) B)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1458659262' post='3009529']
Brilliant vids, Mick. What a great show that was! I also went to Mr Trujillo's Q&A on the Sunday. The thing I really wanted to ask was how does he keep himself in such great shape? He must have amazing thigh muscles!! But I didn't dare ask in case that sounded too trivial/sexist a question.

Anyway, it kind of answered itself when he mentioned in passing that he does a lot of surfing :D What an amazing dude B) B)
[/quote]

I do remember reading an article back when he first joined Metallica. The whole 'crab' like walk thing he does apparently pretty much busts his knees up every night, but it's now expected by the crowd! When out on tour, he's on the chiropractors table every day!

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1458659429' post='3009534']
I do remember reading an article back when he first joined Metallica. The whole 'crab' like walk thing he does apparently pretty much busts his knees up every night, but it's now expected by the crowd! When out on tour, he's on the chiropractors table every day!
[/quote]

OMG, all the more amazing that he bothered to do it for LBGS then, when he was playing somewhat different stuff! I guess he just gets swept up in the moment.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1458660680' post='3009554']
OMG, all the more amazing that he bothered to do it for LBGS then, when he was playing somewhat different stuff! I guess he just gets swept up in the moment.
[/quote]

He doesn't strike you as the kind of guy that would give a sub-100% performance...

[size=4]Here my two short Videos from the great Show![/size]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]https://youtu.be/9wUTD1PWWWI[/size][/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]https://youtu.be/XopjMqB2eAY[/size][/size][/font]

[size=4]..."Bluejay", where are your pictures? I've seen you with your camera ;-))[/size]

OK I think is the last mixed batch before they all - and more - end up on my blog. :)

Lots of double basses

Gillett's semi-acoustic basses

European Guitar Builders

Le Fay's steel fingerboard bass

Bass Direct's GAS Central

Rob has his photo taken by BGM's pro photographer Ecki

Rhino's turn

And finally - if you found the noise intolerable, you should mostly blame your fellow visitors. ;) :rolleyes: