Why become a member? ×

Recommendation required

face19820

Hi Folks,

I have just sold my Fuzzrocious Rat King pedal as It was not the sound I hoped for!
I am looking for another pedal that will growl through the music if you know what I mean?!

I am hoping someone can recommend the Tech 21 Sansamp Bass VT?
I have been thinking about this or the Ashdown Nate Mendell pedal!

If anyone has either for sale or can recommend, give me a shout.

Cheers
Steve

Obviously the specific sound you're looking for is pretty subjective and not always easy to describe but for what it's worth I've just bought a VT Bass and gigged it a couple of times now. I'm personally using it more as a preamp than an overdrive but I can say its really versatile with the character knob. With it on the SVT setting it adds loads of heft but you get less dirt when you drive it. With the character closer to the middle in the Flip-Top setting it's more tight punch that's added than heft but you can get a lot more dirt and it still sounds huge. With the character turned right up you can get loads and loads of dirt but the tone does get much thinner.
Basically I love mine and if there's a particular sound you're after its probably in there somewhere.
I'm pretty sure there's one in the effects for sale section at the moment too :)

Edited by Painy