Why become a member? ×

Serious GAS for a violin bass please help

markdavid

Hi,

I have aquired real bad GAS for a violin bass. Girlfriend is less than pleased , specially since i recently had my squier fitted with seymour duncans, however nothing quite sounds like a hollow body bass with flats on , so I am on the hunt for a low cost (my finances are pathetic) hollow body violin bass but dont know where to aquire one. Any suggestions , links etc appreciated

[quote name='markdavid' post='28918' date='Jul 9 2007, 12:35 AM']Hi,

I have aquired real bad GAS for a violin bass. Girlfriend is less than pleased , specially since i recently had my squier fitted with seymour duncans, however nothing quite sounds like a hollow body bass with flats on , so I am on the hunt for a low cost (my finances are pathetic) hollow body violin bass but dont know where to aquire one. Any suggestions , links etc appreciated[/quote]

My friend had a Shine, it sounded huge and very professional. Different, but up to par with Herbie Flowers' Jazz.

The rumors always say that they all come out of the same factory, they slap different names on them and then distribute them all over the world. I've seen them go for as cheap as £80 s/h in the UK.

---

Some interesting GAS inducing oddities:

The link with interesting violin bass info: [url="http://www.angelfire.com/trek/hillmans3/hillgt11.html"]http://www.angelfire.com/trek/hillmans3/hillgt11.html[/url]

Woof.

Edited by paul, the