Why become a member? ×

Peavey T20 - SOLD
£320

sbrag

Peavey T20 bass guitar for sale £280 collected or £300 posted in UK mainland. Dating from about 1983 (can't be exact as Peaveys serial numbers aren't totally accurate).

Pics at: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/otm5q0ufx7heoc2/AABNFBRnQ0SmPh-mZpA1fMsra

A lovely bass in very good condition for its age with a few minor cosmetic dings as you would expect but nothing much and don't show clearly in pics.

As far as I know it's all original except the strap buttons where a previous owner fitted strap locks. Also I'm not 100% sure if the natural finish is original or if it has been stripped at some point in its life. Anyway it's a really cool looking bass with loads more charecter than a most things for this price.

This is one of the best sounding passive basses I've played, sounds a bit Ric to my ears and cuts through like a jazz due to the Super Ferite pickup.

I'm only selling as the neck is a bit too wide for my stumpy fingers and I have too many basses and this deserves a new home. Bass weighs approx 9.5lbs.

I'd much prefer collection or possible local delivery up in Bath/Bristol area as i don't have a hard case for it but i will post at buyers cost and risk and it will be heavily bubble wrapped and double boxed.

Cash on collection prefered but I'll be interested in trades including an Orange Bass Terror Combo, Orange SP212 or Barefaced Midgit Cabs with cash adjustments as necessary. Not really looking for more basses but you can always try me if you have something interesting,I can only say no. Trades face to face only ta.

You are more than welcome to try it out and I'll throw in a cup of tea too.

Any questions please let me know.

Edited by sbrag

cheers for that,I'm tempted to keep it for its individuality but need to thin the heard a bit.

Its difficult to price this as they arent very common but to me its got to be worth Mexican Fender Money at least and T40s seem to go for £450-500ish so this price seemed fair to me. Im open to sensible offers and trades but not in a rush to sell.
Cheers
Steve

Edited by sbrag

Bump again.

Cash is king but I'm open to trades too. Orange Terror Combo, Sp212 cab, barefaced midgit or other similar cabs considered.

Line6 G30 Wireless or similar with cash my way.

Also while I dont need any more basses I could be tempted by a nice Jazz, USA Sub Ray or something old and interesting.

cheers

Edited by sbrag

Garry

The T 20 was Peaveys answer to the P bass,Normally lighter than the T-40,mines weighs 9lb, but the same robust build quality.
The controls are simple like the bass it was to compete with,no turn to 7 for single coil like the T-40 just tone and volume.
Great neck too quite a shallow profile 21mm at 3rd and 24 at 12th. 44mm wide at the nut.

Won't say any more as I'm kinda biased

Do say more as biased is good!

Also in the interest of clarity, after playing it last night i thought it was worth mentioning the action is a little high for my tastes, which i think is partly down to this bass having the fattest saddles ive ever seen.

It is perfecly playable but gets little high on the higher notes. Neck is straight and truss rod works fine.

Edited by sbrag

What's to be said. The T series were introduced as competition for the other two big players, Hartley Peavey had heard Fender were putting pressure on his dealers
" If you don't stock our amplifiers we won't supply you with guitars !! " so the plan was design guitars and basses with more features and lower cost.

There was an ad run showing a Strat, Les Paul I think and a T-60. All with their prices showing and just one word " WHY ". The T-60 was at least $100 cheaper :D
Your T-20 dropped the fancy electrics to go head to head with the P bass,a job it does great.

83 Fender Japan and Squier Japan are costing a pretty penny these days,your's is ideal for all those 30-somethings wanting a birth year bass or
the discerning type looking for the uncommon look but delivers the goods.

There you have my biased view on the T-20 :D

Hi Garry

Yes it does do a P tone as the pickup is in about the same place but I'd say the Super ferrite pickup does have a brighter tone than and cuts a bit more like a jazz/ric.

If you are anywhere near Bristol you are welcome to try it out. Also while i dont have the kit to record sound very professionally I'm happy to record some sound clips on my phone or tablet to give you an idea. Also I'm happy to provide any additional photos or messurements if required.

I dont have time to do a lot of driving at the moment but could possibly meet around Cheltenham way if that helps, I'll also bring a Vox Amplug so the bass can be tried. Im happy to post too as long as you are but at cost and your risk.