Why become a member? ×

FS: Rather unique bitsa fretless Jazz (Warmoth neck & lines & blocks) **SOLD**
£500

Beedster

I won't go on about this bass to much, suffice to say that it is exceptional, cost me a lot to build (neck mainly, which was a custom order from Warmoth and cost pretty much what I'm asking for the whole bass), and that if you're not happy with it, I'll happily take it back and refund you.

This is the fretless I was playing routinely until my Wal landed, and I decided to part it out and keep the neck. However, I have a few other things listed which didn't sell so it seems wisest to rebuild and take a hit on this and keep some of the other stuff.

I'd always wanted a blocked/lined fretless neck, partly for the aesthetics and partly because the blocks really do help if you're moving around the neck a lot. It's a top-grade neck and I can provide receipts with the bass ($610 plus courier plus import duty).

So

Warmoth AAA birds-eye maple neck with ebony board, lined with pearl blocks
Schaller tuners
DI Marzio Super Jazz PUPs
Kiogon circuit with push/pull series/paralell
Fender vintage RI bridge

So, pics. Not super high quality I'm afraid but you get the idea.

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5432_zps72q5doto.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5440_zpsxqlj4jfi.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5437_zpsnepfae5w.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5444_zpsiiykwcws.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5441_zpsbintwgfh.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5447_zpstjqkzxbl.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='SolomonHelsing' timestamp='1444385504' post='2882736']
Nice okay thanks, I may well PM you if this isn't gone before funds are raised.

For anyone else looking, I can attest to how good warmoth parts are, the neck on this will be as good, if not better than American Fender Quality.
[/quote]

Many thanks, look forward to hearing from you. I do however have to disagree with the above, the neck is quartersawn AAA birds-eye maple, the light oil finish is so light that you can barely tell it's there when you play the neck but you know it's there to protect it, the board is a stunning and thick slice of ebony, and the lines and blocks are so very very well done. This is WAY WAY WAY better than American Fender quality :)

All joking aside, it is at the very least the match for most Fender Custom Shop necks I've played (and there've been a few!)

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1444386030' post='2882750']
Many thanks, look forward to hearing from you. I do however have to disagree with the above, the neck is quartersawn AAA birds-eye maple, the light oil finish is so light that you can barely tell it's there when you play the neck but you know it's there to protect it, the board is a stunning and think slice of ebony, and the lines and blocks are so very very well done. This is WAY WAY WAY better than American Fender quality :)

All joking aside, it is at the very least the match for most Fender Custom Shop necks I've played (and there've been a few!

Chris
[/quote]

Haha, True very true, I however have never played a custom shop neck so I wasn't going to say so personally, But you're right ;)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1444386030' post='2882750']

Many thanks, look forward to hearing from you. I do however have to disagree with the above, the neck is quartersawn AAA birds-eye maple, the light oil finish is so light that you can barely tell it's there when you play the neck but you know it's there to protect it, the board is a stunning and thick slice of ebony, and the lines and blocks are so very very well done. This is WAY WAY WAY better than American Fender quality :)

All joking aside, it is at the very least the match for most Fender Custom Shop necks I've played (and there've been a few!)

Chris
[/quote]

Chris is imo so right about this.
When you look at Warmoth neck's they seem very reasonably priced. Then you start to add on the options and suddenly they are expensive. Then you get shipping, import etc paid and jeez it hurts.
HOWEVER, the 3 I've had have been absolutely amazing quality and build. And none of those were specified as highly as this one.
Thankfully this is fretless, so I'm safe.

We all know Chris is a legend to deal with, somebody is going to get an amazing bass with this.

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1444415852' post='2883186']
Holla, Just wondering if it's got side dots at all? Cheers.
[/quote]

Hello mate, it's got the best of both worlds, the very subtle yet useful lines running down into the board plus side-dots where the blocks are. Note that the side dots are however between the fretlines and not on them. For whatever I reason on unlined necks I prefer them where the fretlines would be, whilst on lined neck I prefer them as per a fretted neck, as is this. Pic below.

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/2015-10-10%2010.05.48_zpsaiuxy7aa.jpg.html"][/url]

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1444385483' post='2882735']
It's a lovely neck that...
[/quote]

Thanks Rob it is indeed

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1444388714' post='2882792']
Chris is imo so right about this.
When you look at Warmoth neck's they seem very reasonably priced. Then you start to add on the options and suddenly they are expensive. Then you get shipping, import etc paid and jeez it hurts.
HOWEVER, the 3 I've had have been absolutely amazing quality and build. And none of those were specified as highly as this one.
Thankfully this is fretless, so I'm safe.

We all know Chris is a legend to deal with, somebody is going to get an amazing bass with this.
[/quote]

Very kind of you to say so Karl, thanks. You're certainly right about how the costs of the necks build up, but the result feels like a luthier-built neck, so I guess it's worth it.

[quote name='spiltmilk_2000' timestamp='1444405615' post='2883041']
I really wish this had been posted a few days ago before I made an impromptu purchase elsewhere... Beautiful neck AND body! Glwts!
[/quote]

Thanks, and sorry about the bad timing :)

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1444567292' post='2884141']
I may not have read the thread closely enough but would you be able to courier this?
Cheers,
BC
[/quote]

Hi BC, will post anywhere in the world, I'll even provide a hard case to make sure it get's to you in one piece.

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1444599091' post='2884480']
What are the controls please, Chris. I had a fabulous Kiogon circuit on my Tanglewater Classic J but it was the dual stacked tone and vol combo. Looks like a different configuration on yours though - is that right?
[/quote]

Hello BC, it is a standard circuit with the option of parallel/series switching, much like the Fender S1

Cheers

C

Edited by Beedster