Why become a member? ×

Effects Information..... in UK and Worldwide

BassVIOwner

[color=#000000]Hi everyone,[/color]

[color=#000000]I just wanted to ask for your help. I'm currently working on the last year of my degree and I have to setup a business. I'm interested in starting an electronic repair and modifications business here in the UK. I want to improve other manufactures signal processors, as well as offering circuit bent devices to create quirky musical instruments. I'm also designing a range of effects (not clones) for year two of operation. [/color]

[color=#000000]I have constructed an online survey to form part of my market research and I'm looking for people to undertake a twenty question survey. The form does not require any personal information, I'm just trying to establish buying habits and potential interest in a new UK company offering a repair and modification service. I would like to thank anyone willing to help in advance![/color]

[color=#000000]Here's the link to the survey:[/color]

[url="https://houghosaurus.typeform.com/to/rixxZl"]https://houghosaurus.typeform.com/to/rixxZl[/url]

[color=#333333]Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has taken the survey so far. I really appreciate it! At the moment, I'm checking to see if there's a market for a repair and modification company and the main competitors (with regards to effects pedals), when I get the custom effects side of the business up and running in year two. I'll post my designs on here in a few months time, with some video demos. [/color]

Awesome man... It's fun isn't it! I know there's lots of great plugins on the market these days, but it's nice to have a tactile device to warp! The first time I noticed the concept was on YouTube years ago. A guy used a circuit bent Japanese toy duck to produce some really interesting percusssive sounds, and then recorded a melody over the top. Wish I could remember the video (it was in Japanese), but I found it by accident.