Why become a member? ×

Behringer pedal fault, any ideas?

uk_lefty

I bought a cheap Behringer pedal because well, I dont use chorus much at all but would like it as an option. On receiving the pedal it didn't bring in the effect on pressing the pedal when using a single power supply but worked fine on batteries. I plugged it in to my new multi power supply on my pedal board and it worked great at home... Took it to rehearsal and no chorus!! The effect now just doesn't come on at all...
Any ideas on what I can do to try and repair? Im a complete beginner with electronics but I can do an ok job of soldering...

• 2 weeks later...

The retailer sent me a new one and guess what... Ok with batteries, no effect comes in when plugged in to the power supply. Incredibly annoying as I actually quite like it as an effect but won't use it enough to justify buying the Boss or other Bass Chorus pedal. I use a 9v 100ma multi-power supply which works fine with my Behringer tuner, Boss Limiter/ Enhancer and two EHX pedals.... Something's telling me trying to solve this will be more faff than its worth.

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1445191904' post='2889502'] I use a 9v 100ma multi-power supply which works fine with my Behringer tuner, Boss Limiter/ Enhancer and two EHX pedals.... Something's telling me trying to solve this will be more faff than its worth. [/quote]

Is that a typo or is that really a 100mA power supply? Because you'll possibly struggle to power four or five pedals (depending on what they are) with 100mA.

Have you tried the Behringer Chorus with the power supply on its own and nothing else plugged in?

Hi, sorry it's a multi power supply with various outputs at 100ma and a few at larger currents.
Got a replacement from the retailer and had same problem only this time didn't work at all off the power supply, worked off battery only at home and then in the rehearsal room did sweet f*** all again. Giving up on these off to buy one from a more reputable manufacturer when I have the pennies together...