Why become a member? ×

Digital Noise

Woodinblack

My effects consist of (optionally) a behringer bass synth, a Zoom B3, and a Harkte bass attack, all connected to the same power supply that came with the zoom. All was happy. I also had an Akai unibass, which I put there in front of the Zoom (normally when the bass synth wasn't there).
Got rid of the unibass and got a Fisher bass powerchord FX.

First time I tried to use that I had a lot of digital noise, actually at quite a high level, so after a bit of faffing, I disconnected the Powerchord FX from the power (it has a battery) and all was good.

So now if I have a the powerchord and the zoom connected to the same power supply I get a lot of digital noise, if I remove either I don't.

I assume my only valid option (other than running it off batteries) for running both together is to get an independent power supply to feed the Powerchord FX, or get one of those very expensive isolated supplies?

As always, gigrig is the king of power supplies (how many more times do i have to suggest them before they give me some free stuff?), but for just those pedals id suggest the [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm"]HB powerplant jr[/url]. Id avoid the larger HB supply, as its not isolated, but for the price of the jr, you cant beat it for a small board.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1444578947' post='2884256']
As always, gigrig is the king of power supplies (how many more times do i have to suggest them before they give me some free stuff?), but for just those pedals id suggest the [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm"]HB powerplant jr[/url]. Id avoid the larger HB supply, as its not isolated, but for the price of the jr, you cant beat it for a small board.
[/quote]

I hope you're right - I've just bought 3 of these but haven't yet had time to try them.
Had a look inside though (bit fiddly but doable) late at night in front of the TV . Looks okay :-)