Why become a member? ×

admin? adding pics to posts not working

tonyclaret

Windows 10 here, using the 'Edge' browser and seems to be working for me (using links).
Quote previous (other) posts, works as well.
Maybe browser related?

[media]http://youtu.be/iz6iENNnf08[/media]

[url="http://postimage.org/"][/url]

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1444722235' post='2885249']
Hi,

I'm having difficulty uploading images to any post.

Via iphone or computer, they are only small files so that shouldn't be an issue.

Is there a known issue at the moment?

thanks
Tony
[/quote]

What hardware and OS are you using..? What (if any...) messages do you see..?

I'm using Win 10 and Chrome on a PC, always using the 'Full Editor' and have no problems whatsoever. The following is my 'standard' response to pic problems ...

[color=#0000cd]Try this, to delete attachments no longer required, and liberate quota space..?[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Go to your 'My Profile' (your pseudo, top right...).[/color]
[color=#0000cd]Select 'Edit my Profile' (black button a bit below...).[/color]
[color=#0000cd]Select 'Manage Attachments' (in the list on the left...).[/color]
[color=#0000cd]They are listed in date order. Navigate to oldest, select those to be deleted (tick boxes on the right...).[/color]
[color=#0000cd]Select 'Delete Selected' (grey button at bottom right of list...).[/color]
[color=#0000cd]Repeat, page by page, until all unwanted attachments are deleted.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as PhotoBucket, Imgur or ImageShack is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...[/color]

[color=#0000cd][/color]

[color=#0000cd]Others are similar (assuming use of a PC; I no nothing of other devices...). Hope this helps...[/color]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Davo-London' timestamp='1444739366' post='2885456']
I tried posting a photo last night and gave up ...

Davo
[/quote]
[quote name='Davo-London' timestamp='1444739902' post='2885462']
Maybe we need some instructions and troubleshooting guide?
[/quote]

Maybe we need a bit more info from those experiencing difficulties..?

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What hardware and OS are you using..? What (if any...) messages do you see..?[/font][/color]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1444728862' post='2885343']

I'm using Win 10 and Chrome on a PC, always using the 'Full Editor' and have no problems whatsoever. The following is my 'standard' response to pic problems ...

[color=#0000cd]Try this, to delete attachments no longer required, and liberate quota space..?[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Select 'Manage Attachments' (in the list on the left...).[/color]
[color=#0000cd]They are listed in date order. Navigate to oldest, select those to be deleted (tick boxes on the right...).[/color]
[color=#0000cd]Select 'Delete Selected' (grey button at bottom right of list...).[/color]
[color=#0000cd]Repeat, page by page, until all unwanted attachments are deleted.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as PhotoBucket, Imgur or ImageShack is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...[/color]

[color=#0000cd][/color]

[color=#0000cd]Others are similar (assuming use of a PC; I no nothing of other devices...). Hope this helps...[/color]
[/quote]

Thanks Dad!

Your advice was spot on.

As soon as I'd deleted all old images I could add new. Must have used my allowance.

Will look into other image hosting options.

Cheers
Tony

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1444728862' post='2885343']

[color=#0000cd][/color]

[/quote]

Excellent. Didn't know that page for deleting was there. Sorted.

Dave