Why become a member? ×

OMEGA bass bridge (Badass II clone)? Anybody using them?

Greg.Bassman

Saw these on Ebay a few months ago. They're a complete clone of a BA2, right down to the unslotted saddles. What's (un)funny is that if you buy one form the US, it'll cost you £35 or less - buy one in the UK and it's £80 to you, squire. Which is a lot of money for a knockoff.

Do the decent thing & buy a Babicz or a Schaller. :)

Jon.

Interesting, I bought some replacement Badass saddles from the US via Ebay, suspecting they'd be 'unofficial' parts...I wonder if they were from an Omega ? They fitted and looked the same and sounded fine.

I was curious if they were the same material so I weighed them compared with a saddle from a Badass I got years ago, and they were exactly the same - as good a test I could come up with at home.

Edited by ahpook

Possible, but who knows; if that [i]is[/i] true, then we could be on to a winner here. There's been BA production problems for years, so I suppose it make sense for some to finally pick up the mantle. I shall keep digging and let you know what I find.

In the meantime, anybody else out there???

Edited by Greg.Bassman

[quote name='Greg.Bassman' timestamp='1444831762' post='2886493']
Yes, 'bass centre' are doing them for £79 and 'Allparts' for £80. They look good at first sight... anybody actually using one through? How do they hold up?
[/quote]

For pity's sake, if you must buy one of these ugly, agricultural, archaic and arguably pointless chunks of deadweight - [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Omega-Badass-Bass-II-Style-Bridge-for-Fender-Precision-Jazz-2-1-4-Chrome-/381399438481"]at least don't get ripped off[/url]!

If this is the dodgy Chinese knockoff it has every appearance of being, at least it might have proper metric-sized allen screws.

J.

• 1 month later...