Why become a member? ×

Greetings from the Netherlands

RonnyRocks

Hello Fellow :rolleyes: Bass players,

I'am new on this forum so the proper thing to do is make an introduction. I start with apologies for some bad grammatical!

My name is Ron. I live in the south of the Netherlands.

I started playing the Bass in 1997 inspired by Mr. Claypool and some friends who also are enthousiasts. After buying my first Bass (I think it was a yamaha BB05) lots of practice and studying I've got invited to join a local band. The gear was updated/upgraded for the first time. From that moment on my musical "career" got skyrocket and I found myself playing in 4 coverbands at the same time. We've played some rock, hardrock and pop at the time later on some blues.
For some reason I stopped playing, don't remember exactly why but it happen. In 2005 my brother in law wanted to start a new project, and on a early sunday morning they tactical cornered me and there was no way out....
Anyway we've started to make some Latin-pop kind of stuf with a little disco and soul influences. For me that was an eye-opener. A big band, 3 vocals, keys, guitar, drums, percussion, horn blowers. Never did this kinda thing but I have to say that was amazing!
As a side project I became the bass player of a band called Grindhouse. Not big but it was loud!! This project ended in 2013. Early this year I had some wrist surgery, left and right. The way it looks and goes I would be able to play again....!!! Hellyeah (also a band btw :D ). This period is perfect for my GAS and to make an perfectly new setup.

My current gear:
Sadowsky NYC #1623 | #1924 4str.
Mesa Boogie 400+
Rupert Neve 5017

Previous gear (1997-2014):
Laney RBW200
SWR Goliath II 4x10
SWR Mo'Bass
TecAmp Puma 1000
TecAmp L610 (2x)

There's alway more to say....think am going to stop right here...

Best regards,

Ron Stijnen