Why become a member? ×

Any Love for D'addario Bass Strings?

Che

Hi all,

I dont see bass players mentioning D'addario strings often and wonder why that is? In the guitar world D'addarios are appreciated somewhat but not in the bass world (it seems).

I have D'addarios 45-100 on my new bass and at some stage will have to buy new ones so wonder if there is a good reson to avoid buying D'addario for me bass.

Thank you!

Ok :) Im actually surprised to see many replies. I guess I expected none or one repliy but it seems as if D'addarios are as respected in the bass world as they are in the guitar world. Well Im satisfied with mine but I never tried any others so ... . Not sure how long they stay fresh but time will tell I guess and once they sound dull I will try and make them new by using this method called "slap the s..t out of the strings" ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8OYeN9mAL4

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1445282262' post='2890274']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]D'Addario were great sponsors of the Herts bass bash. They came and did a talk on strings and supplied all the strings for Lozz'z head 2 head bass test.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Gifted a set of D'Addario's, Black, tape wound , four string at the South East Bash, put them on my P Fretless they sound more mellow than the Status Tapewound that it came with and on my Fretless five and as good as the La' Bella's on another fretless I have, less 'clack' as well ;)

Edited by Oldman

I love their Pro Steels, great strings.

I had given up on Nickel strings in recent years, due to getting an allergic reaction when using them. My Jazz got a set of the D'addario nickels at the Herts Bass Bash and I was pleased to find, no allergic reaction and they sound and feel just lovely.

Also their customer service is first rate.

All I ever use-45-105 chromes. Have tried the stainless ones, didn't appear a lot different to the chromes, so I stick with them. Never had a problem with them. My local music shop told me a while ago that D'Addario made Fender strings too, and they do have the same coloured ends. Used them until they stopped stocking them, no difference. Another big thumbs up for D'addario strings.

I`ve used Chromes a few times over the years, but at present need that clank you get from rounds, so back to what I know, Rotosounds. But kudos to D`Addario, as above, they`ve now been to 2 of the bashes, nice to see a company do stuff like this.