Why become a member? ×

Hello from Leeds!

Rikki_Sixx

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hello everyone! I'm Rik, living in Leeds and been playing for 15+ years (not that you'd believe that if you heard me play).[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I picked up my first bass, a used Hohner Rockwood (P-bass copy), from a tiny folk music shop in my hometown when I was about 16. It needed a few minor repairs over the years but I always loved it, finally selling it before moving house this year after 15 years of ownership. For the past 5 or 6 years my main bass has been an aqua Dano '63 longscale, which has a fantastic tone. I love it, but I'm considering selling that too so I can finally get a Jazz bass like I've always wanted! [/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I've been in a few "bands" - we weren't interested in gigging that much but loved playing together. My playing is basic, mostly along the lines of Blink 182, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Motley Crue and Kiss, but to be honest I'll play anything if it's with other people! I just love that feeling when you all jump in together and it works. It's always satisfying.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]After a few years of laziness and lack of practice, I've gotten the bug properly again and I'm trying to play more. I've signed up to Scott's Bass Lessons (a tutorial / learning website here in the UK) and hope to see some improvement over the coming months - as well as a new Jazz bass![/font][/color]