Why become a member? ×

SOLD** Fender Tony Franklin Fretless Precision Bass
£900

drums1977

For sale only my Fender Tony Franklin Fretless Precision Bass. Very good condition, I would say 9/10. No modifications. Only a couple of small marks of use, please look at the photos. This bass is the best Fretless I have owned, that includes (purist, don't shoot me) the Jaco CS relic. More muah than that one, better tone and more sustain. It lacks the cool factor of the relic, but since this finish is nitro, be patient and play it, all will come. It plays flawlessly, no buzzing rattling or any funny noises, just pure fretless joy. Truly a fine piece of modern Fender craftmanship. Average weight at 9,3 pounds, perfectly balanced. No case included.

TRADE OPTIONS: A good 2x12, 1X15 or 1x15 cabinet, preferably Barefaced or Bergantino. Cash my way depending on value.

Gallery of HD photos [url="http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/roquefort2000/library/Fender%20Tony%20Franklin%20Fretless?sort=3&page=1"]HERE[/url].

[url="http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/roquefort2000/media/Fender%20Tony%20Franklin%20Fretless/DSC_0152_zpsieaujrq7.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/roquefort2000/media/Fender%20Tony%20Franklin%20Fretless/DSC_0153_zpsugrtv5uj.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by drums1977

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha, The Jaco is AMAZING, and the feel of that relic'ed neck is unbeatable, BUT I have to admit that I do prefer the tone and playability of this one. The PUs sound amazing and I prefer the feel of the bare ebony to the epoxied rosewood. I know it might sound odd, but I really enjoy playing this one more... And I actually sound better!

No, it's not odd at all. Sounds like a really nice bass. Good to have those tone options too.

I'm still enjoying the Jaco CS you sold me though - for the benefit of other readers, that was the joke by the way!

Good luck with the sale! You only ever have really good basses, somebody will be very pleased with this one.

Cheers.

WIFE: So, what is it that you want for Christmas?
BASSIST: There is this amazing fretless P I really want...
WIFE: A Frekled what?!
BASSIST: A bass, a bass...
WIFE: Another bass?
BASSIST: This one is different. It's probably the last one, I swear.
WIFE: REALLY?
BASSIST: Cup of tea, sweetheart?

Edited by drums1977

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='drums1977' timestamp='1449163553' post='2921245']
WIFE: So, what is it that you want for Christmas?
BASSIST: There is this amazing fretless P I really want...
WIFE: A Frekled what?!
BASSIST: A bass, a bass...
WIFE: Another bass?
BASSIST: This one is different. It's probably the last one, I swear.
WIFE: REALLY?
BASSIST: Cup of tea, sweetheart?
[/quote]

Have you bugged my house?

• 2 weeks later...