Why become a member? ×

If money was no object!

chrisanthony1211

If money's no object I'd be doing a ton of research so I'd be off to loads of factories to test what's available and what's in development - just how good is the new Mesa?? What have TE got in the pipeline? Just how good are the old Acoustic amps?

I'm currently using a Mesa Walkabout through a Vanderkley 112MNT and TBH it doesn't sound as good as the Mesas that I tried way back when..I could quite easily be persuaded to try another EBS which exceeded my expectations when I had a HD350 - really shouldn't have let it go..but that's another thread in itself.

First time in my life I can genuinely say without even so much as a tiny niggle, I am totally satisfied with every piece of gear I own. i will never buy another amp again.

But if we are playing with house money, I'd line up a couple of old Ampeg B-15's. Even one of the late 90's/early 2000's B-15rs would be sweet.

If money were no object I'd buy an awful lot of gear to have in a big soundproofed bass room, so I could pick and choose a different rig for each gig depending on my mood. It would end GAS and almost certainly result in some gigs being terrible as I struggle to get to grips with a certain amp or cab :D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1448537493' post='2916210']
I was going to go that exact same route... but found they just don't work as good on bass as they do guitar :(
[/quote]

Really? Both the Kemper and the Axe? That REALLY surprises me, I can imagine would or the other but not both!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1448539191' post='2916228']
Really? Both the Kemper and the Axe? That REALLY surprises me, I can imagine would or the other but not both!
[/quote]
Yes, but this is just my opinion. I was very disappointed. I'm primarily an inears user - so the thought of having a super capable preamp was ideal. Didn't pan out that way.

But will stress, really exceptional recording tools - just still not sold on the live use, especially for bass.

I know there are people that do it... but again, their sounds tend to do nothing for me.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1448540138' post='2916242']
Yes, but this is just my opinion. I was very disappointed. I'm primarily an inears user - so the thought of having a super capable preamp was ideal. Didn't pan out that way.

But will stress, really exceptional recording tools - just still not sold on the live use, especially for bass.

I know there are people that do it... but again, their sounds tend to do nothing for me.
[/quote]

Out of interest what type of stuff are you playing? I wonder if it's worth pairing with a wearable like this : http://thesubpac.com/

If you're using in ears :)

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1448540138' post='2916242']

[/quote]

Thread hijack - and I have no experience of it - ww.talkbass.com/threads/atomic-amplifire-bass-amp-demo.1145687/

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1448540297' post='2916246']
Out of interest what type of stuff are you playing? I wonder if it's worth pairing with a wearable like this : [url="http://thesubpac.com/"]http://thesubpac.com/[/url]

If you're using in ears :)
[/quote]

Playing all sorts of stuff - was meant as a cover all situations all in one situation. Get rid of all pedals and be able to select mega clean through grit to full on filth. Funnily enough, the harder the sound got, the worse I thought they sounded.

The subpac - I remember seeing those... Unless you are into wearing stage costumes, I reckon you'd look a bit of a donkey.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1448541569' post='2916261']
Playing all sorts of stuff - was meant as a cover all situations all in one situation. Get rid of all pedals and be able to select mega clean through grit to full on filth. Funnily enough, the harder the sound got, the worse I thought they sounded.

The subpac - I remember seeing those... Unless you are into wearing stage costumes, I reckon you'd look a bit of a donkey.
[/quote]

I was thinking under normal clothes :lol: