Withdrawn ! - PJ build Fender 70's copy
£300

Shonks

[b][s][u]£275[/u] [/s] £250[/b]

[color=#333333]Fender Hotrod 1970's copy PJ build [/color]

[color=#333333]neck: Vintage tint varnish and rosewood board. [/color]
[color=#333333]the truss rod adjustment is at the body end.[/color]
[color=#333333]The truss is working great.[/color]
[color=#333333]when you are playing it you have to remind yourself it's a copy because it feels so right. [/color]
[color=#333333]High mass bridge, hipshot type, [/color]
[color=#333333]70's Fender logo [/color]
[color=#333333]The machine heads are a genuinely aged pitted chrome early Japanese. [/color]
[color=#333333]'Klusion" in look and feel with no play in them, work and feel excellent. [/color]

[color=#333333][b]The Precision pickup[/b]: genuine [b]Seymour Duncan[/b] Basslines., cover with the logo swapped for the plain one for authenticity. [/color]
[color=#333333][b]The jazz pickup[/b] : It's an original [b]1970's Dimazio[/b] Humbucker, one of the first to hit the market. It is the cream colored pickup, swapped cover for a regular black one. [/color]
[color=#333333]If you take a look at the cream cover you can see the yellowing caused by age. A distinct line where the pickup was exposed above the body. This is genuine and not a faked relic job [/color]

[color=#333333]Instead of 3 controls I've kept it to two to keep a genuine 'P" look. I've installed a discrete [b]3 way toggle[/b] which selects the pickups. front/both/back. . [/color]

[color=#333333]this is quite a light bass too, lighter than the average Fender Precision, a[b] little under 4kg[/b]. [/color]

[color=#800000][b]If you want to make me an offer, I'm open to suggestions, and open to trades [/b][/color]

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1446195882' post='2897577']
Looks great :)
What sort of neck profile is it?
Is it an older, 70's shape neck, or the more modern "C" shape / profile?
[/quote]excuse my ignorance but I don't know. If the C shape means the neck has a pronounce arching of the fretboard then I'd say no, there is a contour
but it's quite a mild one.
If the c shape refers to the back of the neck then I would say it's rounder than my 97 USA Fender but that is a 5er and my only Fender reference .
It is similar to my 2000 Stingray, whatever letter of the alphabet thats shaped too...lol

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1448902891' post='2919046']
i just got hold of a 60's fender bridge with the grooved saddles, I think I'll install it on this bass, it's gonna look even more authentic.
[/quote]

Er... if you mean the threaded saddle type, then it won't - 70s Ps had single groove saddles.
Interesting-looking bass, though.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1448905531' post='2919075']
Er... if you mean the threaded saddle type, then it won't - 70s Ps had single groove saddles.
Interesting-looking bass, though.
[/quote]you're absolutely right.. :facepalm: ....I'll leave it then

Edited by Shonks

I'm just back from doing a bit of business with Steve and had a bit of a look at this while I was there. Looks the business, sounds even better. Must the the best value £250 in the marketplace at the moment.

Not that much black paint left on it, to be fair :)

Steve has fitted an SD bassline p pup in it and I have to say it sounds a lot more mellow than others I have heard/used. OK, it is strung with flats but the tone was not hard at all. Very woody quality about it, too.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bogleshake' timestamp='1451312098' post='2939461']
Every day I find myself back here looking at this! Ahhhhhhh!
[/quote]lots of interest but nothing happening till I'm back in the uk on the 14th

Edited by Shonks