Why become a member? ×

Hello from Moray, Scotland

Callumjord

Hi folks,

My names Callum and I am from the North of Scotland and have recently join this forum after many years of surfing the Sevenstring Forum.

I have been playing bass since I was 13, so a good 10 years now, after being convinced by my dad (a fellow bass player) to take it up as oppose to guitar. Needless to say I haven't looked back!

Started off playing on a Stagg Jazz bass copy, then got my first series instrument, a Yamaha RBX775 when I was 16, I have recently acquired a Vintage Musicman copy and looking to expand my bass collection (particularly a P style bass and an Ibanez BTB676)

Love playing all types of music, was into my metal when I was younger my bass heroes are: Arif Mirabdolbaghi from protest the hero, Dan Briggs from Between The Buried and Me and Alex Webster. recently I have been getting into a lot of funk, blues and motown.

I have played bass in numerous bands in the local area, however I took a 4 year status during my time at University and started playing guitar, now I am back up in moray and looking into playing with as many musicians within the area and generally improving on my bass skills.

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1445959218' post='2895709']
Welcome to the forum Callum.

You're in a very nice part of the country up in Moray. My wife and I honeymooned there this year. Plenty of good whiskey!

What is the music scene like up there?
[/quote]

The whiskey is probably the best thing up here, so many different distillery to visit, and more importantly so many different whiskeys to try!

The music scene is rather weird up here, there is a lot of folk making original music but not a lot of events for it. Although function/covers bands seem to be very popular up here and a lot of pubs in the smaller towns through out the area seem to be putting more and more cover bands on.

[quote name='Callumjord' timestamp='1445969256' post='2895809']
The whiskey is probably the best thing up here, so many different distillery to visit, and more importantly so many different whiskeys to try!

The music scene is rather weird up here, there is a lot of folk making original music but not a lot of events for it. Although function/covers bands seem to be very popular up here and a lot of pubs in the smaller towns through out the area seem to be putting more and more cover bands on.
[/quote]

Sounds familiar!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1445996156' post='2896075']
Howdy!

Nice pic, that the BTB7 in Guitar Guitar, Glasgow by any chance? ;)

Welcome!
[/quote]

Ha, that is correct! Was down in Glasgow for a gig and stopped of at Guitar Guitar, I just had to try it out!

Its an incredible instrument but seven strings is too much for me. Although I am gasing after a BTB 676 now