Why become a member? ×

Bass Guy from Motherwell, Scotland

Light Grenade

Hello folks,

I've been browsing these forums for years now, and I felt that it was finally time to get involved.

I'm a 23 year old guy from Motherwell, Scotland - which is a town about 20 minutes outside of Glasgow for those who may be unfamiliar with it. I've been playing bass since the age of 12, but started taking it more seriously at the age of 17. I started purely on bass because it was different from the norm, I guess I've always had the main goal of making it 'seem cool', or something daft along those lines.

I currently play in Instrumental 'Post-Rock' band called 'A Sudden Burst of Colour', and have done for around three years now. We play around the UK and are currently writing our debut album after releasing three EP's. My main bass is a Lakland Skyline 44-01 01 and my backup bass is an Ibanez ATK300. I adore the Skyline, especially when coupled with a set of D'Addario Chromes - I don't think I could ever go back to using rounds for my main tone.

Feel free to check out my band here, and like us on Facebook. It would be much appreciated.
[color=#006621][font=arial, sans-serif]https://www.facebook.com/asbocmusic[/font][/color]
[color=#006621][font=arial, sans-serif]https://asbocmusic.bandcamp.com/[/font][/color]

Just for the record, my favourite bass player is Ben Kenney from Incubus.

Looking forward to getting involved in the chat!

Cheers
Calum

• 2 weeks later...