Why become a member? ×

Mo Clifton Upright Bass ,now SOLD .
£1000

Up for sale is my Mo Clifton upright bass .
Its number 9516 and I am the original owner from new , I saw Mo's stand at Mansons guitar show in Exeter in Nov 1995 and paid my deposit then and there .I took delivery of it in Feb 1996 .
I have the original receipt /invoice with my name on it .
It has a mahogany body and Andemann Paduak facings .
Maple neck . Ebony fingerboard and schaller machine heads .
Fishman bridge transducer and a Clifton magnetic humbucker which can be blended with a Bartolini buffer mixer .
The only issue is I tried to reduce the string action a bit by sanding the bridge ,as per the photo , I took a little bit too much off ,so I have a small piece of cardboard wedged under it . It could probably do with a good set up , but there is a distinct lack of Double bass techs here on the Island .
Comes with the stand and gig bag - the gig bag is getting a little weary / dusty .

Reason for selling ?
I just cannot get to grips with playing double bass , maybe I just haven't invested enough time in it , but I would rather it go to some-one who would play it .

Now sold , many thanks Steve .

Edited by martin8708

Great basses. The earlier Fishman BP100 fitted to this was a great pickup at the time....and Mo Clifton superglued mine to the bridge to improve the sound (I guess this one is glued as well) The rubber under the bridge feet is there to reduce finger noise on the strings, as this pickup could be a bit scratchy. Would be fairly easy to change it for a Realist or Bass Max that could also be connected to the internal preamp.

Someone's going to get a nice and very useful bass...hope it goes to a good home. I've got four Cliftons, but I still thought about it!

Hi there , thanks for the interest .
The bit of sanding I did was on the base of the bridge , if you look closely at photo 5 , you can see a small bit of folded card between the bridge and the rubber feet .

I just assumed the pivoted part the strings go over was the saddle ( as in acoustic guitar ) .

Cheers
Martin

• 1 month later...