Why become a member? ×

Scratch plate for Fender Mike Dirnt Bass Help

CyberBass

[quote name='CyberBass' timestamp='1446376616' post='2898827']
Seen this scratch plate someone's had made for there's and love it. Where can I go to get one made?
[/quote]

Send your existing plate off to Sims to be used for a template. Not cheap... but perfect.

[quote name='CyberBass' timestamp='1446376616' post='2898827']
Seen this scratch plate someone's had made for there's and love it. Where can I go to get one made?
[/quote]

That's a lovely plate indeed, but unfortunately as much as I'd like to I only work with printed plates rather than multi-ply ones, so I'd need an original hi-res image to work with to create that kind of pattern, although I do have a Mike Dirnt template on file ;-)

Cheers
Tim

• 1 year later...

Ive got a black Squier Mike Dirnt bass (with the star on) has a faded white pickguard . Any advice. Dont really want to spend more than £20 on a new one. Paint it? Ive read that different Dirnts have slightly different size/shaped scratch plate
The bass is the same as the one in my profile pic here but in reverse! I like the white tortoishell version on the later model - but not sure if that would fit (even if i could get hold of one!!).