Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass (CIJ)
£600

Conan

I never thought I'd sell this bass, but financial issues make it necessary... :(

It is black. It was "crafted" in Japan. The serial number dates it to 2007/8. It has the awesome slim neck that makes these basses so sought-after. It is in good to very good condition (one or two minor dings and scratches). Weight is 9lb 8oz.

It is completely standard, except for the addition of a set of active EMG pickups (with a battery compartment very neatly rear-mounted by the Bass Doc). Tonally, it is very smooth and classy - but may not "growl" in the way that standard Geddies are supposed to... It has a lovely low action and plays beautifully. I've owned three of these basses, and this is the best.

It comes with/in a Fender padded gigbag and includes a spare scratchplate (the original white one) as well as the black one it is currently wearing.

Shipping within the UK is included in the price. I am happy to post wider afield, but the extra cost will have to be absorbed by the purchaser.

My basschat feedback is here - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/81215-feedback-for-geoff-aka-conan/page__hl__conan"]http://basschat.co.u...page__hl__conan[/url]

No trades thanks - unless it involves at least £400 in my direction! Any questions, just shout!

[attachment=204150:20151102_164044.jpg][attachment=204151:20151102_164118.jpg][attachment=204152:20151102_164211.jpg][attachment=204153:20151102_164223.jpg][attachment=204154:20151102_164239.jpg][attachment=204155:20151102_164312.jpg]

Edited by Conan

No interest? :(

Anyone who is put off by the EMG pickups (and I don't know why they would be...) could whip 'em out, flog 'em (probably worth around £70) and replace them with a set of their own favourite pickups! :)

Some people only see problems. I prefer to suggest solutions B)

[quote name='three' timestamp='1447926426' post='2911469']
Very difficult market I suspect - not too long ago, this might have flown out - maybe the mods are a factor? Still, a very desirable bass (to me at least)
[/quote]

Yes, you might have a point about the mods - although the pickups can be easily swapped out. When I had the routing done for the battery cavity, I never thought I might be in a financial situation that would necessitate selling gear... :unsure:

I have recently spoken to someone who found out after leaving it for commission sale at the gallery that his GL Jazz didn't sell because the scratch plate was wrong (how long does it take to change a scratchplate.??). Looks like the GL buyer is picky about originality i suppose.

GLWTS

[quote name='BaggyMan' timestamp='1447931920' post='2911529']
I have recently spoken to someone who found out after leaving it for commission sale at the gallery that his GL Jazz didn't sell because the scratch plate was wrong (how long does it take to change a scratchplate.??). Looks like the GL buyer is picky about originality i suppose.
[/quote]

Good point! Although this one comes with the original white SP in addition to the black one which I prefer! Maybe I should put the white one back on and take some more photos... :)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1447935581' post='2911564']
Good point! Although this one comes with the original white SP in addition to the black one which I prefer! Maybe I should put the white one back on and take some more photos... :)
[/quote] I agree also I think the EMG pups will put a lot of Jazz bass purists off, personally I love active basses so many more options than a passive GLWTS mate :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1447936898' post='2911587']
I agree also I think the EMG pups will put a lot of Jazz bass purists off, personally I love active basses so many more options than a passive GLWTS mate :)
[/quote]

The controls are still passive VVT. EMGs are only "active" in that they have an extremely low output (which makes them so quiet to use and beloved of studio engineers...). The battery powers a small preamp that boosts the pickup output to something resembling standard passive pickups. It certainly doesn't sound like an active bass and you can't boost either bass or treble...

Still sounds lovely though :gas:

I'd be happy to deliver this within a radius of around 40 miles or so of Newcastle... Well, in all directions except east of course - as that would be in the middle of the North Sea!

Will also meet up with buyers who are further away... just try me!