Why become a member? ×

Focusrite 2i2

SH73

Is focusrite as good as they say it is. I bought one last week. It's my first device for recording. It comes with ableton live 9 lite and plug ins. The latency is bad, I use Sony Vaio with Windows 7 intel core i3 laptop. Have both realtek and asio4all installed. Most tutorials use mac even the ableton tutorials. Any suggestions on latency?

I don't use live but, it sounds like you have a high buffer setting.
Or, Live is using the Realtek drivers.
You shouldn't need to use the asio4all drivers. The Focusrite drivers should be up to the job.

Have you looked at these videos?
I think it's a nine video series. It should help you understand a bit more.
The guy is using Mac, but does reference PC options.
When choosing the input, just use the Focusrite option.

[size="2"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtE5hjF8Hb8[/size]

I use the 2i2 with Ableton 9, and it does use ASIO - don't use the MIME option as it's very glitchy.
You'll need to take care with buffer settings as Gary says; there's a section in the help tutorial or in the on-line manual that explains how best to do it. Mine has very little latency.
There is also a low latency option in the preferences section - I have that enabled as well.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1446798767' post='2902371']
Is focusrite as good as they say it is. I bought one last week. It's my first device for recording. It comes with ableton live 9 lite and plug ins. The latency is bad, I use Sony Vaio with Windows 7 intel core i3 laptop. Have both realtek and asio4all installed. Most tutorials use mac even the ableton tutorials. Any suggestions on latency?
[/quote]

Make sure your using the focusrite for both input and output audio, set the buffer size on the focusrite drivers to the minimum that doesnt glitch.

Cheers for the replies gents.I sorted tge issue eventually before reading the responses. I needed asio4all. It strarted working well for strange reasons. The you tube videos are good but not enough info fir windows. Suppose I need a di box or a mic to get the desired sound. Do you gents like your 2i2 and what Daw do you use? Thanks

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1446801447' post='2902398']
I don't use live but, it sounds like you have a high buffer setting.
Or, Live is using the Realtek drivers.
You shouldn't need to use the asio4all drivers. The Focusrite drivers should be up to the job.

Have you looked at these videos?
I think it's a nine video series. It should help you understand a bit more.
The guy is using Mac, but does reference PC options.
When choosing the input, just use the Focusrite option.

[size="2"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtE5hjF8Hb8[/size]
[/quote] I watched these, but to be honest it's only references to Windows.