Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop Custom Classic Jazz 4 3TSB/Tortoiseshell
£1400

epiphonesteinberger

[color="#ff0000"]No longer for sale here, cheers.[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Ben[/color]

Hi everyone.

I'm selling my Fender Custom Shop Custom Classic Jazz 4-string bass in 3-Tone Sunburst with Tortoiseshell scratchplate. I'm only selling it as I pretty much always use a 5 these days so this one hasn't been getting much use.

Includes original Fender hard case, hangtag, truss rod tool, Fender cloth, sticker and owner's manual and the CS Certificate which states manufacture date as 04/05/07.

The bass has the original Fender "Noiseless" pickups and active preamp. I'm guessing it's identical to the pre from the old Deluxe Jazz from that time, certainly looks like it. Controls are Vol, pickup pan, bass/treble boost/cut stacked and mid boost/cut. There's no passive on\off switch, this one is active only.

The bass is in great condition for its age. Front and back are pretty much spotless and the neck is a beauty. Not sure if it's an Ash or Alder body. Only noticeable wear is near the bottom strap button where there are some fine scratches which I've tried to show in the photos.

Neck is maple with Pau Ferro fretboard, both with gorgeous grain. The maple looks like it's going to age with a nice flame, it's already pretty stripy in the right light.

I do not know the exact weight but this is not a heavy bass. Would estimate between 8 and 9lb compared to my other basses.

Strap buttons are Schaller straplock buttons. I'll throw in a bungee comfort strap that was in the case when I bought it and I never used.

Strings on there are D'Addario Flex Steels 45-105. About a month old, only done about 3 gigs on them so they've got loads left if you like them bright. Setup is excellent, Martin Peterson at The Gallery did a full setup very recently and John tweaked it about a week ago too when I was in there.

I'm based in Finchley, North London. Lockup is at Staples Corner.

Photos:

Here's a youtube vid of this bass at a gig. Sorry the sound quality is not great but at least you can see it works!:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8L9DCzf7cs"]https://www.youtube....h?v=c8L9DCzf7cs[/url]

Cheers
Ben

Edited by epiphonesteinberger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...