Why become a member? ×

I bought an iRig Stomp.....

Waddycall

and I'm pretty dissappointed with it. I saw it in Maplins and it seemed to be exactly what I need - a means of switching between clean and iPad effects. I don't need much in the way of effects other than some overdrive and flanger. I'm not a fan of pedals but thought this looked like a neat solution. I've not tried iPad effects before.
I've bought the amplitube svt plug in and it's not great. The sound seems distant and vague so I guess it's lacking clarity. With the plug in switched off it sounds even worse - very different to the clean channel.
Has anyone else got experience of these? If so how do you rate it?
I read in another thread that interfaces that use the iPads headphone socket lack sound quality so perhaps that's the case with this.

Don't know much about this particular pedal, but I do have the "StealthPedal" which was a disappointment. It simply doesn't have enough input gain and it really does break the first rule of audio interfaces which is - you must give the user full control of his levels.

Also I've used Amplitube quite a lot when I first started with the bass (I mostly practice at night through headphones) and I've moved on from this. All the amp-sims that I've tried seem to be all about overdriving their gain stages and while I can see why some guitards may find this useful and exciting I found it distracting and fake.