Why become a member? ×

Power conditioners

paul_5

Hi all. We had a gig last week where the guitarist's digital pedalboard (Zoom G5) created massive amounts of noise, and I found later that the stage lights were on the same ring. No one else's kit suffered the same fate (2x valve guitar heads, analogue pedalboards and my bass head were all fine), so I'm wondering whether a power conditioner would help avoid this particular problem in the future.

Any advice?

Power conditioners c[size=4]ame from the USA and were useful there because the [/size]internal[size=4] mains wiring was often aluminium rather [/size]than[size=4] the copper we use in the UK. This led to a lot of poor mains connections and really noisy mains. The copper over here did not have that [/size]problem[size=4] and even switch mode power supply noise is easily handled by most pieces of kit.[/size]

[size=4]Most noise comes as RFI through the air and a power conditioner will not solve that.[/size]