Why become a member? ×

SOLD: FS/FT: Larrivee RB2 Custom 6 string bass w/John East preamp
£699

pluckedout

[color=#000000]Sadly my hands are just too small for this beauty so I'm going to stick to 5 strings![/color]

[color=#000000]Last time I tried to sell this I mentioned some problems with the previous preamp, I have now removed the old (Seymour Duncan) preamp and replaced it with a brand new John East MMSR preamp which sounds a lot better! And obviously works perfectly. Much simpler controls, just volume, bass and treble. Please note some of the photos show the old knobs still attached (you can spot this by the stacked control), the newer photos have the non-stacked knobs.[/color]

[color=#000000]This is a very rare Larrivee RB2, serial number 8888, made in 1989 as confirmed by the factory. It appears that the scratchplate (which is solid maple itself) is a retrofit but it's done to a very high standard, you'd certainly believe it left the factory like that. Under the scratchplate it looks like it was originally routed for 2 x P-style pickups but the subsequent routing for the EMG is definitely under the finish so I believe that was done by the factory and again certainly looks to have been done professionally. [/color]

[color=#000000]It has a through-neck and a flame maple top, finished in a gorgeous shade of blue that goes a bit purple on the back. Fretboard is ebony and is bound - how many sixers do you see with that! Original Schaller tuners. Some minor dings and buckle rash on the back as per the pics but nothing on the neck or on the front of the bass. Has one missing screw from the control plate on the back. String spacing at the bridge is 14mm[/color]

[color=#000000]Lovely high end bass that's very rare and unusual. Can be picked up (or tried out) in High Wycombe or around Heathrow/Staines area, otherwise will be shipped fully insured with UPS in the UK. [/color]

[color=#000000]No hard case but comes with gig bag and will be packed inside a proper guitar carton with lots of bubble wrap. [/color]

[color=#282828]What would convince me trade wise would be a Status 5 string, G&L L5000,Yamaha BB5000 (ideally BB5000A), Ricky or Vigier 5 strings. I'd also be convinced to put money into a deal involving a Pedulla 5 string, fretted or fretless. Otherwise, I'm looking for [/color][s][color=#282828]£699 [/color][/s][color=#282828]£599[/color][list]
[*][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=moderate&section=moderate&do=postchoice&tact=delete&f=19&t=267021&selectedpids%5B%5D=2839434&st=&auth_key=cce0424bce0169daf9b800953bb457dd"]Delete[/url]
[/list]

Edited by pluckedout

• 4 weeks later...