Why become a member? ×

Buying a new amp... Bugera Veyron tube?

richrips

Hi All,

You may have seen my wanted ad and my LG1000 repair thread. I've had several offers of used amps but in my searching I came across the Bugera Veyron BV1001T. It looks like the output wattage is open for debate, but the consensus seems to be that it sounds good, is decently loud in spite of the clearly exaggerated marketing, and at a little over £300 with a 3 year warranty, I can't see too many negatives. I've seen my fair share of dead Behringer gear, but also had a few gems (love my BDI21), and the Bugera stuff seems a little higher quality (thanks to copying some pretty good quality gear!). I'd love to hear feedback from people who have used the Veyron for a while now.

So today I need to order an amp and currently it is looking like this one, unless anyone out there can suggest.....

A: A new amp that has comparable spec/features/warranty for the money. Anyone seen a particularly amazing current offer?

B: Check out my wanted ad and suggest a used amp at a similar price that beats the Veyron sufficiently to negate the probable lack of warranty, age, and condition of a used amp.

Many thanks,

Rich

Edited by richrips

Had one as a spare - loved it and in fact it became my main amp for a while! Sold it as a change in circumstances meant I no longer needed a spare amp. Highly recommended tho. Very simple to use EQ was the main bonus for me - too many amps nowadays have that ridiculous active tone stack where every control impacts on the other. I'm a set it and forget it sort of player and so this suited.

Cheers Danny,

i've gone ahead and ordered a Veyron [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BV1001T for £352 delivered with a three year warranty and 60 days free returns if it's not my cup of tea, back it goes![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fingers crossed for a good amp![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Rich[/font][/color]

[quote name='richrips' timestamp='1447711456' post='2909770']
Cheers Danny,

i've gone ahead and ordered a Veyron [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BV1001T for £352 delivered with a three year warranty and 60 days free returns if it's not my cup of tea, back it goes![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fingers crossed for a good amp![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Rich[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Looking forward to a comprehensive summary of your thoughts, once you have had a chance to give it a workout.

• 5 months later...

My Veyron Tube gets gigged for the 1st time this coming Saturday. Up to now it's been brilliant. If anyone could enlighten me as to why it needs a volume knob next to the gain knob, as well as an overall master volume knob I'd love to know. I'm guessing it's for the preamp maybe? As many of you will know the Veyron is a copy of the Genz Benz Streamliner (which had the same volume next to the gain).

Anyway the amp has been brilliant in practice and rehearsal so here's hoping it delivers for the gig... :blink: