Why become a member? ×

Bass Chorus - Your Favourite?

AinsleyWalker

At the weekend I tried out the Moog MF Chorus, the Earthquaker Sea Machine 2 and the Nemphasis Bass Chorus.
The Moog was my least favourite, as it seemed to get too goofy/weird too quickly. The other two sounded great, very usable, but a bit more expensive.

Anyone else have any suggestions for good chorus pedals?

EDIT: I ended up going for the MXR Analog Chorus, very versatile and sounds great, the Sea Machine however is still my favourite sounding.

Edited by AinsleyWalker

Guest FretNoMore

Tech21 Boost Chorus Bass, very versatile and I like the "non-wobbly" detuned sound you get by turning down the modulation.

And the Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl, amazing pedal.

Edited by FretNoMore

[url="http://disssa.jimdo.com/reviews/effekte/tech21-bass-boost-chorus/"]Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus[/url]

[url="http://www.musiker-board.de/threads/effekt-danelectro-cool-cat-chorus.336733/"]Danelectro Cool Cat[/url] (18 Volt Version!) => one of the best chorus!

What would you guys recommend as a rather bright. shimmery chorus? I'm more into smooth than any sort of warble. More air than water. The first chorus (first fx pedal in fact) I ever tried, DOD Deep Freeze, is still my favourite sound-wise. I did have two however, and both kept having problems with the footswitch. Now I'm kind of looking for one to have it rehoused, but they go for crazy prices and the rehousing can get expensive too. Anything currently in production that can fit what I'm looking for?

[quote name='such' timestamp='1448726334' post='2917690']
What would you guys recommend as a rather bright. shimmery chorus? I'm more into smooth than any sort of warble. More air than water. The first chorus (first fx pedal in fact) I ever tried, DOD Deep Freeze, is still my favourite sound-wise. I did have two however, and both kept having problems with the footswitch. Now I'm kind of looking for one to have it rehoused, but they go for crazy prices and the rehousing can get expensive too. Anything currently in production that can fit what I'm looking for?
[/quote]
The Earthquaker Sea Machine V2 can make some very nice shimmery sounds, it's perhaps the best chorus I've used for both guitar and bass I think.

Edited by AinsleyWalker