Why become a member? ×

Tecamp cabs - S series or M series?

Painy

In my ongoing quest to find a new lightweight rig I've started to look at the possibility of a single cab solution - probably a 2x12.
Amongst others I'm looking at the Tecamp 212 cabs but not sure if the smaller S212 would give me the lows I need or if I'd be better off going for the slightly bigger M212?
The quoted frequency responses (for what they're worth anyway) are down to 40Hz for the S212 and 38Hz for the M212.
My current cabs are Ampeg 210 & 115 (love the sound - not the size/weight) and my band is a loud rock covers band so I need some heft but not sure what real difference it's likely to make between the 2 cabs.

Any thoughts?

I have never compared the two directly, but own the M212. It is a great allround cab, plenty loud, and very easy to carry (due to the height/width ratio).
I would not want less low freq response though, as the neo drivers give a bit of upper midrange emphasis. Hope that helps...

Thanks guys. There's only about £30 difference in price between them on Thomann so probably worth going with the M212 if I do go down the single cab route for the sake of getting maximum lows.
Good to hear some positive stuff about the Tecamp cabs too as there seems to be plenty of love for their amps like the Pumas but I've not heard so much about the cabs.