Why become a member? ×

Discount Ear Protection!

chaypup

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1447941114' post='2911672']
Ha!.. no i'm not begruding the cost or benefits of a proper set of earplugs. I was more worrying that I've put my faith in the little foam ones for so long and they might not have been providing the protection I thought they were :blink:
[/quote]

Ha! :) Seriously though, if you use the foam ones and can't hear much when using them you're probably OK. Might be an idea to get a hearing test, then get some decent plugs. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1447942262' post='2911690']
Ha! :) Seriously though, if you use the foam ones and can't hear much when using them you're probably OK. Might be an idea to get a hearing test, then get some decent plugs. :)
[/quote]

Yes I think thats in order after reading through this thread... besides I'll buy anything people tell me makes me sound better. I bought a "high end" replacement power cable for my Glockenklang earlier on in the week... :blink:

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1447941114' post='2911672']

Ha!.. no i'm not begruding the cost or benefits of a proper set of earplugs. I was more worrying that I've put my faith in the little foam ones for so long and they might not have been providing the protection I thought they were :blink:
[/quote]

I had this conversation with a bandmate once, who also happened to be an audiologist. He said that not all foam plugs are created equally, but on the whole, they offer better protection than the non custom Christmas tree types. At least they properly fill the ear canal, which the off the shelf ones don't. Only problem is it sounds like your playing under water!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1447876219' post='2911195']
After seeing a recommendation on the "How did your gig Go Last Night?" thread I bought a pair of the Ear Peace plugs.

They've given me a 20% discount code for anyone to use- it's [url="http://earpeaceuk.refr.cc/S3LN649"]http://earpeaceuk.refr.cc/S3LN649[/url]
[/quote]Tried buying some today, but the discount code wont work, it shows at checkout but when you try to pay it says "[color=#717171] [/color][color=#717171]Customer information does not meet the requirements for the 20OFF discount code" :([/color]

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1448959891' post='2919493']
That's odd - I've had about 20 emails so far saying people have used it.
Maybe there was a time limit on it?
[/quote]I sent them an email yesterday asking why, they never replied, but I thought I would go ahead and order some anyway, when I clicked on your link today, it said the offer is no longer valid, but I checked out anyway as the plugs were still my cart, and when it came to paying by PayPal, the discount was applied, so I guess they honored my original purchase and then ended the offer.