Why become a member? ×

what audio cd format ?

fingers211

You need a 44.1khz 16bit wav file, burn it as audio-cd (not data-cd).

Any decent CD-R, don't bother with rewritable CD-RW, I've got a stack Verbatim from when I used to burn a few audio cd's but I've used all sorts and not had any problems.

Check it plays in your cd player before sending!

• 2 weeks later...

If you rip an audio CD from MP3's however, don't even think about using anything less than 320kbps. Anything less, and you will loose audio definition.

I once reproduced a demo CD using 128kbps MP3's. It sounded really muddy compared to the MP3 used. I remixed the tracks and re-ripped them at 320kbps, and they sounded much brighter and defined when transferred to an audio CD.

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1447957511' post='2911867']
You need a 44.1khz 16bit wav file, burn it as audio-cd (not data-cd).
[/quote]

This. And switch on 'dithering' when you output the file: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dither

Most DAWs have a standard setting for dithering, which should be fine - or you can customise your own to taste.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1448890376' post='2918868']

Most DAWs have a standard setting for dithering, which should be fine - or you can customise your own to taste.
[/quote]

To be honest , I was going to customise the settings last time I used them , then I wasn't so sure , so I left them lone , but having done that, I thought I might try a different setting , but I didn't.