Why become a member? ×

Bowies Latest

Oopsdabassist

Once again, very 'left field'. The video, more still than the music or lyrics, strikes me as being quite allegorical, and about as modern as current affairs. Timely, thought-provoking, but can the blind see that all is in the eye of the beholder..? On a lesser, more 'musical' note, excellent, imaginative, drumming. Top stuff; this lad will go far.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1448047415' post='2912756']
Once again, very 'left field'. The video, more still than the music or lyrics, strikes me as being quite allegorical, and about as modern as current affairs. Timely, thought-provoking, but can the blind see that all is in the eye of the beholder..? On a lesser, more 'musical' note, excellent, imaginative, drumming. Top stuff; this lad will go far.
[/quote]

agree with all that. Also he looks gorgeous for a near 70 year old geezer

Love it. Been a really casual Bowie fan over the years but I've been learning a lot of basslines of his due to joining a Bowie covers band recently and I'm actually taking notice that he's got a new album out. Good job it sounds like it's going to be great if this is anything to go by.

We've got a gig next Friday and we're going to try and learn this for it!

Edited by GarethFlatlands

Nice to know it's not just me then, a mate of mine linked it on FB and I just went WOW!
After his last album which was a bit meh, this is all I like in Bowie, off the wall, weird arrangements, still a hook to catch us all, and yet another WTF?? video.

God bless 'im I say!!

Loved it. Was a little disappointed that his last album wasn't more leftfield but this was impressively out there. Was cool watching the 'world premier' on Sky the other night. I was lucky enough to see Bowie live during his Outside tour, at a time when he once again was pushing the boundaries. Hope the new album is of a similar ambition.

I stumbled across the video while testing my Kodi systems internet connection this morning and I was transfixed for the full 9 odd minutes, much better than his other recent stuff, the video was most disturbing, in a good way.

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1448124855' post='2913207']
Bowie....dividing opion, illiciting strong(ish) feelings both ways....and most importantly, people are talking about him. Back to his best.
[/quote]

+1

As a life-long Bowie fan, it's fantastic to see him still pushing boundaries, taking risks and staying true to his artistic intentions.. He's truly inspirational I think!

Thought the last album was a bit patchy in terms of song quality, but the first single from it - 'Where Are We Now' - was as good a Bowie song IMO as any from his really creative high point in the 70's.

Can't wait for the new album now.. :)