Why become a member? ×

'73 Fender P Bass?

PauBass

Hello guys!

It's been a while since I decided to go after a 70's Fender P bass but haven't found the right one yet.
Now I have seen a '73 Fender that is selling for £1300, it's all 100% original/genuine, no parts have been replaced and the finish it's the original...

What do you think of the price?

Thanks!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='29214' date='Jul 9 2007, 06:11 PM']It's on the high side, but not massively unreasonable.

Without more info it's difficult to tell (i.e. how good is it?) but I'd go for £1100.[/quote]

Well, I also think that is a bit overpriced but as we all know, buying from a shop is always more expensive than Ebay or buying directly from someone...This bass is being sold at The Gallery (London)...

To be honest, after a few experiences with people claiming to sell original vintage Fender Basses and then turning out to have been refinished, parts replaced... not sure if this is right move.
I don't know but right now I'm thinking that maybe, it would be better to buy it directly from a well known shop... Yes, you end up paying a bit more money but if anything goes wrong you've got their support.

Here is the link:

[url="http://www.thebassgallery.com/fenderpbass73.html"]http://www.thebassgallery.com/fenderpbass73.html[/url]

As you can see it's not in great condition but it has been out there being played for 34 years!

My 74' P-bass cost me £1200. At the time there were several other P-basses of this kind of era on ebay going for less than £1000. When I played the P-bass that I have now I knew that it was worth the money. I wasn't even in the market for a P-bass at the time and up until then I'd never actually played one that I liked.

I think that if you can go and have a good play on that one in the Gallery and it feels good to you then go with it.