Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Warwick Rockbass Star Bass, 4-string, black...
£500

moonbass

• 2 weeks later...

I often travel to Cambridge and about the southern half of the country, so if anyone wants a safe, trustworthy courier on this feel free to PM me.

Can't promise "next day", but "next week" is quite realistic for most places.

[quote name='moonbass' timestamp='1465754605' post='3070765']
Thanks Grangur, that's really kind of you. :)
[/quote]
No worries. You've been trying to sell this a long time. I'm thinking that personal delivery would remove the risk of damage in transit. And it is, of course a Warwick! Can't resist trying out a Warwick. :)

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1464636076' post='3061051']
Fantastic looking bass - I've recently started playing a hollow body bass and the sound/feel has transformed my playing.

Everyone should own one!

GLWTS
[/quote]
I'm curious about this. Do tell, please.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1465755453' post='3070776']
I'm curious about this. Do tell, please.
[/quote]

Well, i've now got a whole new range of sounds at my fingertips with a hollow body, ranging from soft thunks acoustic bass, to more nasally hollow sounds, and some real fat woody thump.

As a result, its made me approach my playing a bit differently when using it. Instead of going for all out thump and power as i normally do, i'm playing a bit more inventively to use the sounds on offer, which are quite distinct from the usual passive solid body tones i'm used to.

I guess i'm saying that semi/hollow etc have sounds that aren't in solid basses (and vice versa of course) which are worth exploring.

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1466083050' post='3073250']

Well, i've now got a whole new range of sounds at my fingertips with a hollow body, ranging from soft thunks acoustic bass, to more nasally hollow sounds, and some real fat woody thump.

As a result, its made me approach my playing a bit differently when using it. Instead of going for all out thump and power as i normally do, i'm playing a bit more inventively to use the sounds on offer, which are quite distinct from the usual passive solid body tones i'm used to.

I guess i'm saying that semi/hollow etc have sounds that aren't in solid basses (and vice versa of course) which are worth exploring.
[/quote]

Thanks. That's food for thought. That's good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...