Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: G&L SB-2, US custom build
£1100

Embra

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]For sale: now £875, no trades thanks. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]A 2014 US made G&L SB-2 in sonic blue with an alder body and a maple neck. I’m selling it as I’ve just received another custom order LB100 made of empress wood which my dodgy back loves due to its low weight! [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]These are the specs:[/size][/font][/color][list]
[*]Sonic blue alder body
[*]Bolt-on Quarter-sawn maple neck (no. 11 neck, 1 5/8 inch nut width and 7.5 inch radius)
[*]Light tint satin finish on neck
[*]Scale: 34”
[*]Pickups: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD split-coil (neck) and single coil (bridge)
[*]Frets: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
[*]Tuning keys: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminium tapered string posts
[*]Bridge: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
[*]Electronics: dual-volume
[*]Deluxe Tolex hardshell case
[/list]
[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]It comes with all the original case candy. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]It sounds amazing. The neck pup is hot and will push tubes or an overdrive pedal harder than a normal P-bass pickup. The neck is stunning and has a lovely solid feel to it, a wee bit like the current US Precisions (I love it so much my new LB100 it has the same neck). The bridge pickup acts as a sort of tone control: my favourite settings are:[/size][/font][/color][list]
[*]Bridge off, neck full on - P-bass on steroids.
[*]Bridge off, neck 2/3 on - very close to P-bass
[*]Bridge 3/4, neck full on - balanced, warm but punchy SB-2 signature sound; not quite like most PJs I’ve played, but very close.
[/list]
[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]It also does a passable J-bass bridge pup sound, I prefer bridge full on, neck 3/4 for several songs with the band. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]Postage included: it will be fully insured with UPS to mainland UK (please contact me if you live in remote rural areas like the Lake District, Highlands etc as they upcharge for those deliveries). It will be fully protected in G&L cardboard packaging and bubble wrap. Happy to post overseas but pm me for a quote. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]If you live close to Edinburgh you’re welcome to come around and try it through my Demeter Minnie head and Bergantino HD112 cabs (and various pedals if you’re keen). [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]As you can see from the photos it is in immaculate condition. There are no scratches or dings anywhere on it. The frets are also in excellent condition, I had LaBella flats on it exclusively (great combo) but it now has a fresh set of sunbeams (I’ll also throw in the original D’Addario rounds). [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3]Detailed photos: [/size][/font][/color][url="http://s844.photobucket.com/user/jspaterson/library/Public/SB2?sort=9&page=1"]http://s844.photobucket.com/user/jspaterson/slideshow/Public/SB2[/url]

[color=#454545][font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=205639:P1020328.jpg][/size][/font][/color]

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d6682cec/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Edited by Embra

Loving it so far; probably not a fair comparison to the SB-2 as it that is so hot, but it has plenty of punch and the low-mid thing going on and it's warm and 'phat' too. I've got labella flats on it and it covers the typical p-bass sounds i want to hear. There's a little bit of bite and growl if you play near the bridge, the action is low and the neck is just sublime. I had a US precision which I stupidly sold but this is just as good and a great deal lighter.

What is the exact weight please? BTW, in your pic album, the custom build spec sheet for this has the model down as an LB-100 (which it obviously isn't!). Or do you also have a sonic blue 2014 LB-100?!

Hi

Never noticed the spec sheet has it as a LB100! I'm afraid I don't have a sonic blue LB100... it's a G&L mistake (they get the pickup details wrong too) - everything else on the sheet is accurate though (and it does belong to the SB-2, you can see from the rear of the headstock the serial numbers match).

As for weight, I've just weighed it using a balanzza digital luggage scale and it comes out at 9.5 lbs (I checked the weight of my (real) LB100 too as I know the dealer weighed it at 7.5 lbs :) and I get the same reading so I think it's a fairly accurate scale). I always thought the SB-2 felt quite light but then my JB weighs 10.5 lbs so I guess it was all relative... Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...