Why become a member? ×

MXR Analog Chorus vs Bass Chorus Deluxe

AinsleyWalker

Something I hear a lot is that bass-specific pedals are often a waste of time/extra money..
So I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the MXR Analog Chorus and the MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe.

The Analog Chorus is a bit cheaper so I was wondering if it'd make much difference getting one or the other with bass. Will the Analog Chorus suck the low end out?

Any tips or suggestions welcome.

I don't know that any modulation pedals can 'suck the low end out'... probably why you hardly ever see bass-specific modulation pedals. I've not tried the bass chorus deluxe, so can't comment on that, but I have the MXR analog chorus, and it sounds great. I have absolutely no desire to try the dearer MXR pedal...

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1448225386' post='2913847']
I don't know that any modulation pedals can 'suck the low end out'... probably why you hardly ever see bass-specific modulation pedals. I've not tried the bass chorus deluxe, so can't comment on that, but I have the MXR analog chorus, and it sounds great. I have absolutely no desire to try the dearer MXR pedal...
[/quote]

I've yet to see a bass phaser, but seen plenty of bass choruses and flangers. Tried a few choruses in the past that make the tone too 'thin' and jangly, but the Analog Chorus doesn't seem to do that.
Thanks for the feedback!

I tried the bad when it came out. I heard a high pitched noise on the signal when engaged. It might have been a teething problem, but it was a deal breaker for me.
I've been using the mxr black label chorus since it was released. That and the analog chorus are the same pedal, but with different paint jobs ;)
Unless I hear something extremely special, I won't be changing it out anytime soon ;)