Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ashdown CTM 30 - UK Custom shop model
£475

franzbassist

It is with some considerable reluctance that I put up my brand new UK custom shop Ashdown CTM30 for sale, but my amplification needs have changed since I ordered it.

This amp is UK made, unlike the standard “Made in PRC” version, but is slightly different from the production model as it is fitted with ECC81s in the preamp stage instead of ECC83s. This is because I wanted an amp where the signal didn't break up easily, staying clean as volume increased. I understand that Ashdown also fitted different resistors too, to ensure the amp ran as efficiently as possible with this valve configuration.

As the amp has been made especially for me, I also asked for white chicken head knobs to be fitted instead of the standard black rotaries.

Needless to say, the amp doesn’t disappoint, as it provides a lovely clean valve tone without the normal breakup that characterises the standard CTM30 (and the LB30, on which it was based). It’s perfect for recording, which is why I bought it, but is loud enough to handle small/medium gigs as well.

The amp is [i]brand new[/i]. I have only plugged it in to test it before posting, but it has never been gigged.

£450 gets it delivered to your door, which given the standard production model retails at £599 is quite the deal. Collection from Hampshire also welcome for £435.

Edited by walbassist

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A couple of guys have asked about the volume....[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Because of the lower gain first stage, you'll need to get the master volume up to about 2pm to really open it up for live work, but once you get there it's got the valve thing going on in spades. And it really does stay clean too, just as I wanted. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are a ton of tones in there too, from deep sub bass to glassy highs! [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Through a couple of decent sized cabs I am sure you could do a medium-sized pub no problem, plus of course the DI out on these gives you all that lovely valve tone as well if you need reinforcement out front.[/font][/color]

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1448312729' post='2914431']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A couple of guys have asked about the volume....[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Because of the lower gain first stage, you'll need to get the master volume up to about 2pm to really open it up for live work, but once you get there it's got the valve thing going on in spades. And it really does stay clean too, just as I wanted. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are a ton of tones in there too, from deep sub bass to glassy highs! [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Through a couple of decent sized cabs I am sure you could do a medium-sized pub no problem, plus of course the DI out on these gives you all that lovely valve tone as well if you need reinforcement out front.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

+1: give it a sensitive cab or two and you don't need more. Through two Barefaced Super Compacts I can honestly say I destroyed an Engl 2x12 and Marshall 4x12. It wasn't clean but it was glorious :)