Why become a member? ×

Rig advice

dudi8

Hi guys!
i need your professional help in choosing my new rig :)

I'm playing electric + double bass and I'm looking for a lightweight gear for quite small gigs (up to 200 ppl)
my thoughts were:
amps- E.A doubler, Phil jones new class D (will be out in couple of weeks), Puma 500, Acoustic Image
Cabs- Bergantino CN112, barefaced two10, or any other suggestion

Thanks!

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1448444966' post='2915406']
Don't maruszczyk do it as a head and cab? Called the Bass Tank if I recall.

The other option that comes to mind would be a radial bassbone pedal di into a power amp
[/quote]
Thanks!
I'm using a Lehle basswitch

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1448470590' post='2915708']
You could use any lightweight power amp with your Lehle. No need to get a dedicated Bass amp with an additional pre.
Then it's just down to the speaker.
[/quote]
will it sound as good as with an amp? I've never tried that setup.. will it sound good also for electric bass?

[quote name='dudi8' timestamp='1448473420' post='2915753']
will it sound as good as with an amp? I've never tried that setup.. will it sound good also for electric bass?
[/quote]

The Basswitch is a great clean preamp - on a par with my Avalon U5. And it has really well voiced EQ. Plug it into a power amp and cab or an active cab and you've got an awesome complete rig. If you then need dirt you can add other pedals into the FX loop on the Basswitch.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1448490208' post='2915940']
The Basswitch is a great clean preamp - on a par with my Avalon U5. And it has really well voiced EQ. Plug it into a power amp and cab or an active cab and you've got an awesome complete rig. If you then need dirt you can add other pedals into the FX loop on the Basswitch.
[/quote]
Thanks!!
any recommendation on power amps?

Power amp depends on your budget.

At the bottome end of the scale you have the Behringher iNuke series - which are fantastic value. There are some people who say they aren't fantastic for bass though because they don't handle the power at lower frequencies too well. I've not experienced this myself, but have only used an iNuke for bass once, in an emergency. The bad mouthing Behringer gets caused me to carry a spare powr amp around for the bands PA for 3 years. But the spare has still not been switched on.

The Crest / Crown / QSC stuff are quite highly regarded as non-budget power amps go. All solid workhorses, likely to be found in most in-house PA systems.

But i would add, factor in the cost of amp + speaker against Alex's FR800s as they'll no doubt have a top notch amp built in, and it's one less thing to carry.