Why become a member? ×

Can't Decide On what Pedal (Multi Effects)

joey1234

Hello Bassworld
I am looking at buying either a Zoom b1xon or a Vox stomplab 11b. I've done some research and from what I can tell they are both similar apart from the Zoom allows 30 seconds of loop.
I'm in a band and will be using the tuner and also other effects if the song suits it. Anyone got any input.

I guess this really is a matter of personal taste and thus no really something anyone can answer for you. The Zoom pedals certainly have a lot of love around here (more for the MS60-B/B3 but I hear enough love for the B1xon too). I've neither heard anything good nor bad about the VOX offering.

Perhaps your best option would be to order the one you think you like the best given what information you can find online and see how it goes. If you go via a good online retailer (Thomann are my personal choice, but Andertons, Gear4Music, etc are all fine) then you have the option to return the unit if it does not live up to what you want.

[quote name='joey1234' timestamp='1448379427' post='2914914']
Hey, thanks for the response @Naetharu that sounds like a plan. I think i'll go with the zoom, even though the build quality looks a bit cheap compared to the Vox, I like the loop function.
[/quote]

I use the Zoom MS60-B (the little stomp-box sized multi-fx unit they do) and I'd say that by and large the sounds are pretty good. I assume that the sound library will be much the same on the one you are looking at so should be plenty of stuff that is usable there.

Edited by Naetharu