Why become a member? ×

Music Memorabilia

FuNkShUi

A recent thread i posted in got me thinking about this.
Do you have any?
I have two things i would consider to be memorabilia.
I have the ticket that would have been used for Nirvana's next scheduled show, had Kurt Cobain not died.
I also have a negative, of a photo of Bob Marley.
What do you have?

Mmmm.. I did have stacks of original screen print tour t shirts of all the metal bands I saw. Threw them out over the years - doh.
Had a white label test pressing of Jim on the fire 12" Metallica . Met them and got cliff and all to sign plus hell on earth poster . Sold - doh

Still got master of puppets European tour poster which I bought a hammy o
Got sound house tapes - maiden
Halloween 7 keys tour poster overkill supporting
Stu Hamm music book signed
Schenker cd signed
Jarred cd box set signed
Robert Calvert hype book and lp signed
That's it for now

Got quite a few ticket stubs but also loads of poster s from 1973-1976 of Bands who played at Leeds Poly and Uni, including a Steely Dan one. Also got a set of signed strings in a tin with 'KTDA' (keep the dream alive) written on from Franco Rocco Prestia.
Oh, and a Blockheads set list from a couple of years ago, to be fair it's just written on plain A4 in felt tip and has no provenance other than Norman's sweat all over it.....!

I don't think Fiona Bruce would be interested in any of it....

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1448476645' post='2915778']
I have nothing, but am sick that I dumped all my ticket stubs from years ago. I had loads and it was a real bit of nostalgia !
[/quote]

Oh do ticket stubs count?

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjyttj4A

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1448480779' post='2915826']
A load of autographs, including Jim Marshall (somewhere).
[/quote]

There used to be a joke about unsigned copies of Jim Marshall's book being worth more as they were so rare!! That guy was amazing at trade shows - would draw a bigger crowd than any of the musos.

Loads of my old tickets, some signed. I was quite tall as a youth so I have a pile of plecs and sticks from gigs in the late 80's early 90's. At one Kreator gig in 1991 I came away with about 9 plecs and a drumstick, IIRC.

The crowning glory has to be, and I hope you're sitting down... maybe send the kids out of the room too... a £10 note signed by Shed Seven and their roadie Stan who, to be fair, was an amazingly sound man.

In the interest of context I must add that it, coincidentally, was the night I discovered what happens when you mix lots and lots of vodka with about the same amount of Red Bull. A mate and I crawled, literally - as we couldn't really stand - onstage after a gig looking for drumsticks and, upon finding the stage bare, moseyed into their dressing room to see if we could get some there. They were sound about it and I got a couple of tasty jam doughnuts instead but... well, I don't have them anymore.

A couple of hundred 'Artist' passes and lanyards from touring (as sound tech and lighter...) with Kiemsa, plus a whole bunch of their tee-shirts I could no longer even attempt to wear, along with some from our local 'Trois Eléphants' festivals. I've also several unique souvenirs from the French Bashes I organised, including a mug-full of Hofner picks. Most of my memorabilia is in my memories, however; they're priceless. Happy daze..!

Judas Priest evening star clear vinyl 12" , complete with part of rob halforfd s leotard ripped off his back at the rainbow theatre 1981;)

Alice cooper constrictor pic disc album signed by him and his session band at the time.

Lots of tour programmes ..ac/ dc highway to hell .. Metallica damage inc. Judas Priest British steel
Dodgy Dave lee Roth , and a couple of monsters of Rock from late '80s

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1448529999' post='2916106']
Judas Priest evening star clear vinyl 12" , complete with part of rob halforfd s leotard ripped off his back at the rainbow theatre 1981;)
[/quote]

I hope you didn't do the ripping :) !

Loads of ticket stubs from pretty much every band I've seen.

(Another) Jim Marshall autograph - this one's on a poster. Met him at a Marshall evening in 1992....he was very gracious and had time for everybody.

Did have a signed EP by Bis (if you don't know, you're better off in the dark!) - which I sold on Ebay to a guy in South Africa!

I've got a few signed picture discs, the most notable of which would be WASPs 'Animal .... Like a Beast' which in its own way is a little bit of heavy metal history.

The only thing I've got which is worth remotely more than I paid for it is Arctic Monkeys first limited 7 inch release 'Fake Tales of San Francisco/Ritz to the Rubble only 500(I think) were printed.

I ordered it after I went to see them play in the Little Civic in Wolverhampton with around 100 people about 15 months before they started getting massive. The only really big band I can claim to have seen before they were famous.

Edited by Cato

I have every ticket stub from gigs I went to since 1980. :)

A set of autographed Marillion tour programmes from the first 4 album tours. Autographed photo of Roger Waters dedicated to me by he. Various other autographed programmes, inc Dio Last In Line, Ozzy Speak Of The Devil and Gary Moore when Neil Carter was in the band. A Gene Simmons plectrum, and a couple of Frank Hannon from Tesla's.

Posters I did for Fish and Girlschool gigs at my local venue, fully autographed by both bands. Also fully autographed Girlschool red vinyl Hit & Run LP, and Emergency single.

Autographed Clash 7" (can't remember what it is, but the cover is the same as the first album). Several tour posters at A0 size, inc Scorpions Blackout, Marillion Childhood, Scorps Savage Amusement and a mid-80s Monsters of Rock, as well as various other A1 venue posters advertising who was playing that night.

My main bass was built in the Gibson Custom Shop for Floyd London of The Almighty.

funny thing memorabilia, a lot of it's not worth anything, just gives you a warm glow knowing you've got it, one guy I used to go to a lot of Punk gigs with used to write the name of the band we'd seen on the wooden chip fork he got when we stopped chips on the way home, he's till got them!