Why become a member? ×

Greetings!

Daz39

Hihi - new member here.

I live in West Yorkshire and have been a Bass player for err (counts slowly), well since last Millennium when I was at Uni.

Actually - fess up; I was a guitarist first, having got one on my 18th Birthday. I thought I was David Gilmour for a while, but then a friend span Hold Your Fire for me and I decided I actually wanted to be Geddy Lee.

I had several Yamaha RBX Basses before my current squeeze: a fairly wallet-friendly Peavey Millennium.

Amp wise - I have the same head and cab I bought in 1998: a Trace Elliot GP12 SMX with 280w and a 1510 Cab. Loud enough for my bedroom (too loud, says the Wife!).

I have gone through a few effects pedals, but really dig the Source Audio gear - endlessly twiddleable.

Bass influences? Or rather Bass lines I try to play: Rush, Maiden, Dream Theater (ok, I don't play many of those, I don't have enough fingers....), the RATM/Audioslave/Soundgarden triumvirate, Megadeth (Dave Jr has a lot to answer for) and lots of other 90s stuff (showing my age). I also noodle a lot on the guitar to things like Floyd, Camel and Counting Crows.

I was very briefly in a band at Uni. It went nowhere and I remain lamentably ungigged.