Why become a member? ×

Used Strings (Flats and Halfs) **SOLD**
£45

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Used Flatwounds and Halfwounds[/color][/size][/font]

[b][u][font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Pyramid Gold Flats 40-100 - £25[/color][/size][/font][/u][/b]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Cut for 2+2 headstock as they came off my Jack Casady bass. Had fair bit of use but these aren’t dead sounding strings, even the E string has a reasonable sustain. They are more in the TI bass park than traditional full-on-thump flats. I found these nailed the early Mani/Stone Roses sound very well (think the intro of She Bangs The Drums). Low tension (not quite wet-noodle TI tension) and easy on the hands.[/color][/size][/font]

[s][b][u][font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Picato Flats 45-105 - £10[/color][/size][/font][/u][/b]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Proper thuddy old school strings and are my ‘go to’ flats. Very smooth to the touch and reasonable tension (id say slightly less than Fender 9050ML’s). Great thump and not much sustain. These are an older set so are un-silked at both ends. Cut for a P bass and very much broken in to give that dark thump.[/color][/size][/font][/s]

[b][u][font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Picato Halfrounds – 45-105 - £10[/color][/size][/font][/u][/b]
[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Id actually say these have a slightly stiffer feel that the full flats. The E string certainly has a feel of real girth that enables a nice low action. There is little visual difference between Picato’s flats and halfs – the only real give away being the last few millimetres’ at the bridge end remains roundwound. On the bass they certainly carry much more sustain than the Picato Flats but still have a old school thump, id say they sound more flats than a lot of current flatwounds! These were sold to me as cut for P bass but they did fit on my Jack Casady perfectly too.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]All prices include P&P in UK[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by Pow_22