Why become a member? ×

Hardiest gig t-shirt

sprocketflup

Should still have Motorhead Ace Of Spades tour shirt from 1980 somewhere, might still have a couple of others from the same era but not quite sure what or where they are...

I've recently worn my bright red Rush - Hold Your Fire tour shirt from '88. Still fits fine, which is reassuring.

Jon.

Weather Report tour shirt bought at a Brum Odeon gig in 1978.

Faded grey/black fleck with black collar and sleeves with a silhouette of the four band members on the back of the shirt.

It's a medium and needless to say I have absolutely no chance of being able to wear it due to the, erm, adding of a few lbs over the years..

I sold all my olg gig tees on ebay a couple of years ago as there was never a realistic chance of me fitting into them ever again - I started going to gigs when I was 14, so it's not all my adult belly's fault. I made over €700. Most fun was a late bidding war over an Iron Maiden Powerslave shirt which sold for over €100. Even a knackered, ripped Slayer tee made over €60. I bought a bass with the money. Everyone's a wnner baby, that's no lie.

Got a faith no more t shirt from the real thing tour in 1990. I was only 14 at that gig and shouldn't have been allowed in but my sister's mates boxed around me as we went in.
I regularly gig in the suit my dad got married in back in 1968 if that counts.

Great thread, tees seem to hold great memories of gigs past for a lot of us.
I went to a tiny festival last year at the railway inn, Winchester. It was the promoter's birthday and to celebrate, his daughter had sown together loads of his old tees into a giant backdrop for one of the stages. He seemed happy enough about it, I would've had a fit I reckon!
I think my oldest gig tee is from 1990, the great but sadly short lived Five Thirty

My oldest shirts are my Rush 'Hold Your Fire' tour from 1988, my It Bites 'Made In Cumbria' from 1987, and my Level 42 'Standing In The Light' from 1983. I think the last one deserves a medal -- it's in one piece and entirely wearable, but alas I have expanded in the intervening 32 years whereas it has not.