Why become a member? ×

Adele 25

Jenny_Innie

It's not usually my kinda music. I'm more 70s punk and new wave ........ but!

This album is breathtaking! I've had it on repeat in the car for a few days.

Makes me shiver listening to it. Some of it has had me in tears.

The production is amazing, the songs are varied and powerful. This chick can do it - BIG TIME!

There is a song on there called "When We Were Young" which could be the best song evaaar!

Better than 21 if you ask me - and that is the 20th best selling album of all time (bet sales of that will increase on the back of this too).

Fastest selling first week in the UK ever. Fastest selling first week in the US ever.

A lot of people complain that you can't make it in the music industry nowadays - or that there's no music industry to make it in! Pah! I say. If you are this good - you can make it.

I'm with you in as much as it's not the music i usually listen to.
But i love Adele. Every one of her albums has been brilliant.
I can listen straight through without skipping any songs.
I just thing the songs are brilliant, her voice is superb, and as you said, the production is spot on.

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1448619987' post='2916856']
There is a song on there called "When We Were Young" which could be the best song evaaar!
[/quote]

I heard this on the radio recently. By the end of it I was just speechless. As you said...

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1448619987' post='2916856']
It's not usually my kinda music. I'm more 70s punk and new wave ........ but!

This album is breathtaking! I've had it on repeat in the car for a few days.

Makes me shiver listening to it. Some of it has had me in tears.

The production is amazing, the songs are varied and powerful. This chick can do it - BIG TIME!

Better than 21 if you ask me - and that is the 20th best selling album of all time (bet sales of that will increase on the back of this too).

Fastest selling first week in the UK ever. Fastest selling first week in the US ever.

A lot of people complain that you can't make it in the music industry nowadays - or that there's no music industry to make it in! Pah! I say. If you are this good - you can make it.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more - and I'm an old rocker at heart.
In the last week instead of blasting out rock riffs - I've been trying to work out the chords to Adele songs.
Actually, in all honesty I haven't made much progress in ripping off the chords to Adele songs - I put on the album and listen in awe.
Possibly the most talented, relevant and credible musician around today?

Edited by bagsieblue

Yep! Adele is great. Not my usual cuppa, but I love what she does.

25 is getting a lot of mediocre reviews for being 'safe'... but I think that's balderdash. What did people expect her to do - branch out into Klezmer or dubstep FFS??

Great singer. Fantastic voice. And a sense of humour.

Top lass :)

[quote name='darren' timestamp='1448701849' post='2917470']
Power ballad sentimental warblings about being dumped is not something I'm interested in regardless of how well done it might be. Can't argue with the sales figures though.
[/quote]

this - and sales figures as we all know bear no correlation whatsoever with talent

but she is obviously vocally talented - which presents a slight conundrum

but as you say Darren ... still cant listen to her with seeing pictures in my head of Glenn Close and that certain 'cookery incident' :unsure:

Edited by steve-bbb

I think winehouse dying left a hole in the market for her. Don't think she'd have been as big if she was still around. Jumped into that boohoo break up thing that winehouse had blasted with back to black. Think it's all pretty derivative pop. It's ok I guess. Hate her vocal style tho. Sounds like a sad dog sometimes. Same vocal inflections and tricks all the time. That really big song is it 'someone like you' sounds like a GCSE composition.

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1448702216' post='2917473']
She needs to cheer up a bit ...how many songs can one person write about being dumped from a relationship ?
I've heard the album and felt quite miserable afterwards.
[/quote]
Yeah! Plus isn't she with someone and has a child with them. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was that guy and she was constantly writing about splitting up with ex fellas. You know, unless she was being disingenuous and just writing to a formula to sell records. But surely not!

Adele and her previous material has pretty much passed me by - just checked out a live (well-recorded in studio) version of 'When We Were Young' and in spite of her talent as a singer I too think it's just pretty ordinary. But there again I like the crazy yelps and shrieking from Black Francis, so my tastes are clearly far from middle of the road...

Proper singer, proper voice, and it seems to me that she has to sing songs that really mean something to her to get the best out of her. I remember her performance at The Brits - Rihanna did something like 5 costume changes in her performance, dancers all over the place, then Adele just stood there, singing (and crying) along to the guy on the piano and completely stole the show. A friend of mine was there and said you could hear a pin drop, the performance was that powerful. I`m not over keen on her stuff to be honest, but that doesn`t mean I can`t see how good she is. Possibly/probably one of those performers whose songs will still be played in 20 years time.

If she turns out another album of 'Someone like you's' and 'Hello's', I think people will start getting bored of her. I love some of her stuff (Rolling in the deep), but all the failed-relationship big ballads are starting to sound a bit samey to me. Huge respect to her though, and nice to see a Brit having such massive success.