Why become a member? ×

Bristol Bash

sbrag

I was gutted I couldn't make the recent South West bash so wondered, if I can sort a venue, would anyone be interested in a Bristol bash before Xmas. I know it's short notice but I've just had my 2 December gigs cancelled so feel I need something bass related in my life before Xmas!

• 1 month later...

I've not organised one before but I can try and sort a venue. A pub near me (Bs16 Staple Hill) I've rehearsed at before has a large function room and skittle alley. It's not the prettiest but could be functional and about 5 to 10 min from m32.

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1452686067' post='2952349']
I've not organised one before but I can try and sort a venue. A pub near me (Bs16 Staple Hill) I've rehearsed at before has a large function room and skittle alley. It's not the prettiest but could be functional and about 5 to 10 min from m32.
[/quote]

The Portcullis?

The other Portcullis opposite Morrison's on Fishponds road also has a decent sized function room. Parking can be a bit of a 'mare, but could be OK if you do it on a Sunday.

Yup. I'll try and have a chat with the landlord over the weekend unless anyone knows anywhere else. Staple Hill portcullis only has a tiny car park but there is a large public one just behind it.

Edited by sbrag

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1452763613' post='2953139']
depending on what day it ends up being I'd be interested in this. I'm the other side of the bridge though
[/quote]

Me too Cocco - Perhaps if all works out and we're both able to go, we could share transport, depends how much gear we want to take I suppose!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='JB2016' timestamp='1455369061' post='2978482']
Yes, I'd try really hard to support a Bristol bash (I'm from Taunton). No bass player really, but I'll bring along a gigworthy bass / head / cabinet set up that might raise a few eyebrows.
[/quote]

+1 from Taunton

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the dealy in sorting something for this work has got in the way (new job). I'll try and have a chat with a venue this week but I'm thinking of early May if this works for people.

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1459708220' post='3018830']
Sorry for the dealy in sorting something for this work has got in the way (new job). I'll try and have a chat with a venue this week but I'm thinking of early May if this works for people.
[/quote]
Go for it!!