Why become a member? ×

In ear monitor recommendations

GarethFlatlands

This has probably been asked before but I was too tired after a gig to spend too long searching the forums for a similar thread so apologies. Feel free to point me in the direction of another thread where this has been covered.

In short, I'm tired of lugging an amp and cab round to gigs when one of the perks of playing bass is the ability to DI at gigs which is what I did tonight. However, the on stage monitoring was pretty much non existent so I was thinking about getting an in ear monitoring system I can put on my pedalboard after my Behringer BDI-21 and have a rig I could get on the bus.

Please give me your recommendations on decent systems and your experiences with them. Budget would be around £200-300 but the cheaper the better obviously!

Thanks in advance.

"The Babel fish is small, yellow, leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the [url="http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Universe"]Universe[/url]. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier, but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish."

sorry couldn't resist it :D